* Help on testing ad5933 driver
@ 2019-03-21 19:39 Marcelo Schmitt
From: Marcelo Schmitt @ 2019-03-21 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael.hennerich, stefan.popa, alexandru.Ardelean, dragos.bogdan, jic23
  Cc: linux-iio, devel, linux-kernel, kernel-usp

Hello, would anyone mind helping me test ad5933 driver on actual
hardware?  I went through this
(https://oslongjourney.github.io/linux-kernel/experiment-one-iio-dummy/)
tutorial so I was able to load iio_simple_dummy driver, create and
inspect some dummy devices.  Now, as Jonathan has asked me, I would like
to test ad5933 driver on an EVAL-AD5933 board which was donated to FLUSP
(https://flusp.ime.usp.br/).

So far I've been hesitating to plug this device on my Debian distro
since this
(https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/user-guides/UG-364.pdf)
user guide for Windows says not to connect it before driver
installation. Is there something that could harm the board if plugged
on a computer without a proper driver?

I also didn't understand the hardware configuration showed on this
(https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-impedance-analyzer/ad5933)
page.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,