* Kali Linux 4.19.13 VM, Ralink RT3072 - Not Finding Wireless Networks
@ 2019-04-18  1:57 Kevan Salva
From: Kevan Salva @ 2019-04-18  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello All,

I am running Kali Linux (4.19.13) in a VM. I have a USB network
adapter - a Ralink RT3072, passed through to the VM. However, it is
not finding any wireless networks. This issue occurs on both VMware
and on Virtualbox, but not on a live install of the same OS. This is
the output I get from dmesg: pastebin.com/HaXUDNug . What may be the
issue here?

With much appreciation,

Kevan

* Re: Kali Linux 4.19.13 VM, Ralink RT3072 - Not Finding Wireless Networks
@ 2019-04-18  2:08 ` Tom Psyborg
From: Tom Psyborg @ 2019-04-18  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevan Salva; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 18/04/2019, Kevan Salva <kenico15@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am running Kali Linux (4.19.13) in a VM. I have a USB network
> adapter - a Ralink RT3072, passed through to the VM. However, it is
> not finding any wireless networks. This issue occurs on both VMware
> and on Virtualbox, but not on a live install of the same OS. This is
> the output I get from dmesg: pastebin.com/HaXUDNug . What may be the
> issue here?
>
> With much appreciation,
>
> Kevan

do you get such issues if running older kali/linux version on the same system?

* Re: Kali Linux 4.19.13 VM, Ralink RT3072 - Not Finding Wireless Networks
@ 2019-04-24  7:55 ` Stanislaw Gruszka
From: Stanislaw Gruszka @ 2019-04-24  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevan Salva; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 08:57:30PM -0500, Kevan Salva wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am running Kali Linux (4.19.13) in a VM. I have a USB network
> adapter - a Ralink RT3072, passed through to the VM. However, it is
> not finding any wireless networks. This issue occurs on both VMware
> and on Virtualbox, but not on a live install of the same OS. This is
> the output I get from dmesg: pastebin.com/HaXUDNug . What may be the
> issue here?

Logs show we can not communicate with the device via USB bus. This is
problem in usb host driver or VM pass trough code or those two
combined. Eventually your motherboard firmware/BIOS issue.

Stanislaw