* Question about IRQs during the .remove() of virtio-vsock driver
@ 2019-05-21  9:44 Stefano Garzarella
From: Stefano Garzarella @ 2019-05-21  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tsirkin, Jason Wang; +Cc: netdev, Stefan Hajnoczi

Hi Micheal, Jason,
as suggested by Stefan, I'm checking if we have some races in the
virtio-vsock driver. We found some races in the .probe() and .remove()
with the upper layer (socket) and I'll fix it.

Now my attention is on the bottom layer (virtio device) and my question is:
during the .remove() of virtio-vsock driver (virtio_vsock_remove), could happen
that an IRQ comes and one of our callback (e.g. virtio_vsock_rx_done()) is
executed, queueing new works?

I tried to follow the code in both cases (device unplugged or module removed)
and maybe it couldn't happen because we remove it from bus's knowledge,
but I'm not sure and your advice would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Stefano