* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07 released
@ 2019-07-08 19:25 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-07-08 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

So it is release day and once again we've had a few important fixes come
in over the last few days.  But I still feel comfortable doing the
release today.  Our next release is v2019.10 and I am hopeful this cycle
of fixes coming in at the end will happen, rather than seeing problems
discovered after release.

After the last release we had seen DM conversion deadlines pass, and
then in some cases we've seen some more conversion progress and in
others we're still working on it, and in still other cases we've just
removed features to see if people are in fact using the hardware still.
With v2019.07 we've now gone past the deadline for some block devices
and PCI and SPI flash, so I expect things to be moving to requiring
CONFIG_DEPRECATED now.

So with that, the merge window is open and we're looking at doing the
v2019.07 release on July 8th, 2019.

Please note that there may be a problem with getting the release tarball
if you get it via http/https.  We are aware of the issue and it is being
looked into now.

Thanks all!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07 released
@ 2019-07-08 21:50 ` Peter Robinson
From: Peter Robinson @ 2019-07-08 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

> So it is release day and once again we've had a few important fixes come
> in over the last few days.  But I still feel comfortable doing the
> release today.  Our next release is v2019.10 and I am hopeful this cycle
> of fixes coming in at the end will happen, rather than seeing problems
> discovered after release.
>
> After the last release we had seen DM conversion deadlines pass, and
> then in some cases we've seen some more conversion progress and in
> others we're still working on it, and in still other cases we've just
> removed features to see if people are in fact using the hardware still.
> With v2019.07 we've now gone past the deadline for some block devices
> and PCI and SPI flash, so I expect things to be moving to requiring
> CONFIG_DEPRECATED now.
>
> So with that, the merge window is open and we're looking at doing the
> v2019.07 release on July 8th, 2019.

I'm guessing that date is a copy paste error?

Peter

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07 released
@ 2019-07-08 21:55   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-07-08 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 10:50:12PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > So it is release day and once again we've had a few important fixes come
> > in over the last few days.  But I still feel comfortable doing the
> > release today.  Our next release is v2019.10 and I am hopeful this cycle
> > of fixes coming in at the end will happen, rather than seeing problems
> > discovered after release.
> >
> > After the last release we had seen DM conversion deadlines pass, and
> > then in some cases we've seen some more conversion progress and in
> > others we're still working on it, and in still other cases we've just
> > removed features to see if people are in fact using the hardware still.
> > With v2019.07 we've now gone past the deadline for some block devices
> > and PCI and SPI flash, so I expect things to be moving to requiring
> > CONFIG_DEPRECATED now.
> >
> > So with that, the merge window is open and we're looking at doing the
> > v2019.07 release on July 8th, 2019.
>
> I'm guessing that date is a copy paste error?

Indeed, oops.  v2019.10 on October 7th, 2019.  Thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07 released
@ 2019-07-10 14:53 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2019-07-10 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Tom.

In message <20190708192531.GO8554@bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> So it is release day and once again we've had a few important fixes come
> in over the last few days.  But I still feel comfortable doing the
> release today.  Our next release is v2019.10 and I am hopeful this cycle
> of fixes coming in at the end will happen, rather than seeing problems
> discovered after release.

Thanks.  The release statistics are now also available at the usual
place, see [1].

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/UbootStat_2019_07

Note this was a pretty "heavy" release; we didn't have such a big
delta for years...

Here the short summary:

 * Processed 2047 csets from 215 developers
 * 28 employers found
 * A total of 169802 lines added, 64752 removed (delta 105050)

Developers with the most changesets
Heinrich Schuchardt        166 (8.1%)
Marek Vasut                138 (6.7%)
Mario Six                  103 (5.0%)
Patrick Delaunay            90 (4.4%)
Simon Glass                 74 (3.6%)
Jagan Teki                  69 (3.4%)
Marcel Ziswiler             69 (3.4%)
Patrice Chotard             60 (2.9%)
Kever Yang                  52 (2.5%)
Stefan Roese                49 (2.4%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Mario Six                 29373 (14.4%)
Marek Vasut               28712 (14.1%)
Marek Behún              8774 (4.3%)
Bartosz Golaszewski       8476 (4.2%)
Patrick Delaunay          7620 (3.7%)
Patrice Chotard           7290 (3.6%)
Heinrich Schuchardt       7036 (3.5%)
Jagan Teki                6832 (3.4%)
Marcel Ziswiler           5887 (2.9%)
Peng Fan                  4631 (2.3%)

Developers with the most lines removed
Bartosz Golaszewski       8441 (13.0%)
Uri Mashiach              1685 (2.6%)
Tom Rini                   704 (1.1%)
Michal Simek                39 (0.1%)
Paul Kocialkowski           29 (0.0%)
Thomas Fitzsimmons          26 (0.0%)
Mark Kettenis               26 (0.0%)
Weijie Gao                  25 (0.0%)
Christoph Muellner          20 (0.0%)
Robert P. J. Day            20 (0.0%)
Eugeniu Rosca               19 (0.0%)

Developers with the most signoffs (total 305)
Stefan Roese                60 (19.7%)
Tom Warren                  33 (10.8%)
Neil Armstrong              17 (5.6%)
Michal Simek                16 (5.2%)
Kever Yang                  12 (3.9%)
Tom Rini                    11 (3.6%)
Patrick Delaunay            10 (3.3%)
Patrice Chotard              9 (3.0%)
Heinrich Schuchardt          7 (2.3%)
Keerthy                      6 (2.0%)

Developers with the most reviews (total 799)
Simon Glass                106 (13.3%)
Bin Meng                    98 (12.3%)
Stefan Roese                68 (8.5%)
Prabhakar Kushwaha          68 (8.5%)
Igor Opaniuk                46 (5.8%)
Kever Yang                  45 (5.6%)
Tom Rini                    35 (4.4%)
Heinrich Schuchardt         34 (4.3%)
Jagan Teki                  28 (3.5%)
Heiko Schocher              28 (3.5%)

Developers with the most test credits (total 77)
Bin Meng                     8 (10.4%)
Heiko Schocher               7 (9.1%)
Lukas Auer                   5 (6.5%)
Marcel Ziswiler              5 (6.5%)
Andy Yan                     5 (6.5%)
Heinrich Schuchardt          3 (3.9%)
Neil Armstrong               3 (3.9%)
Fabio Estevam                2 (2.6%)
Patrick Delaunay             2 (2.6%)
Michal Simek                 2 (2.6%)

Developers who gave the most tested-by credits (total 77)
Stefan Roese                10 (13.0%)
Lukas Auer                   9 (11.7%)
Bin Meng                     5 (6.5%)
Kever Yang                   5 (6.5%)
Sekhar Nori                  4 (5.2%)
Fabio Estevam                3 (3.9%)
Lukasz Majewski              3 (3.9%)
Jagan Teki                   3 (3.9%)
Weijie Gao                   3 (3.9%)
Guillaume La Roque           3 (3.9%)

Developers with the most report credits (total 29)
Robert P. J. Day             5 (17.2%)
Heinrich Schuchardt          2 (6.9%)
Mohammad Rasim               2 (6.9%)
Stefano Babic                2 (6.9%)
Fabio Estevam                1 (3.4%)
AKASHI Takahiro              1 (3.4%)
Tom Rini                     1 (3.4%)
Heiko Schocher               1 (3.4%)
Andreas Färber              1 (3.4%)
Adam Ford                    1 (3.4%)

Developers who gave the most report credits (total 29)
Chris Packham                5 (17.2%)
Fabio Estevam                3 (10.3%)
Simon Goldschmidt            3 (10.3%)
Maxime Jourdan               2 (6.9%)
AKASHI Takahiro              1 (3.4%)
Tom Rini                     1 (3.4%)
Stefan Roese                 1 (3.4%)
Igor Opaniuk                 1 (3.4%)
Neil Armstrong               1 (3.4%)
Marek Vasut                  1 (3.4%)

Top changeset contributors by employer
(Unknown)                  718 (35.1%)
DENX Software Engineering  182 (8.9%)
ST Microelectronics        162 (7.9%)
Toradex                    125 (6.1%)
Guntermann & Drunck        105 (5.1%)
NXP                        102 (5.0%)
Texas Instruments           87 (4.3%)
Google, Inc.                75 (3.7%)
Amarula Solutions           70 (3.4%)
BayLibre SAS                67 (3.3%)

Top lines changed by employer
(Unknown)                 71037 (34.9%)
Guntermann & Drunck       29939 (14.7%)
ST Microelectronics       17014 (8.4%)
BayLibre SAS              16887 (8.3%)
NXP                       11247 (5.5%)
Texas Instruments         9180 (4.5%)
DENX Software Engineering 8513 (4.2%)
Toradex                   7079 (3.5%)
Amarula Solutions         6833 (3.4%)
Konsulko Group            4492 (2.2%)

Employers with the most signoffs (total 305)
DENX Software Engineering   61 (20.0%)
(Unknown)                   35 (11.5%)
NXP                         35 (11.5%)
NVidia                      33 (10.8%)
ST Microelectronics         23 (7.5%)
Xilinx                      20 (6.6%)
Texas Instruments           19 (6.2%)
BayLibre SAS                18 (5.9%)
Rockchip                    12 (3.9%)
Konsulko Group              11 (3.6%)

Employers with the most hackers (total 219)
(Unknown)                  106 (48.4%)
NXP                         25 (11.4%)
Texas Instruments           13 (5.9%)
Toradex                      9 (4.1%)
BayLibre SAS                 8 (3.7%)
DENX Software Engineering    6 (2.7%)
ST Microelectronics          6 (2.7%)
Linaro                       6 (2.7%)
Xilinx                       4 (1.8%)
Intel                        4 (1.8%)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
People are always a lot more complicated than you  think.  It's  very
important to remember that.             - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_