* Is there a way to support TX master mode and RX slave mode?
@ 2019-07-16  8:35 S.j. Wang
From: S.j. Wang @ 2019-07-16  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi  Experts

Is there a way to support TX master mode but RX slave mode?  It seems current .set_fmt only set same mode for TX and RX.

Best regards
Wang shengjiu

* Re: Is there a way to support TX master mode and RX slave mode?
@ 2019-07-17 16:02 ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
From: Pierre-Louis Bossart @ 2019-07-17 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S.j. Wang, alsa-devel, Mark Brown

On 7/16/19 3:35 AM, S.j. Wang wrote:
> Hi  Experts
>
> Is there a way to support TX master mode but RX slave mode?  It seems current .set_fmt only set same mode for TX and RX.

good question if you are thinking of supporting the 6-pin versions of
I2S interfaces with independent bit clock and frame sync on RX and TX
Looking at the topology definition it could be that this mode needs to
be handled with separate dailinks. Adding Mark in case he didn't see
this question.

* Re: Is there a way to support TX master mode and RX slave mode?
@ 2019-07-17 18:02   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-07-17 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Louis Bossart; +Cc: S.j. Wang, alsa-devel