* ima-evm-utils: git tagging for release
       [not found] <20190729101252.iirdsz2j5bjk267f@altlinux.org>
@ 2019-07-30  6:26 ` Vitaly Chikunov
From: Vitaly Chikunov @ 2019-07-30  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mimi Zohar, linux-integrity; +Cc: Mimi Zohar

Mimi,

It seems that you are released v1.2 of ima-evm-utils. (I did not receive
any announcement on linux-integrity.) I noticed that you are not using
annotated tags for release versions.

I suggest you use annotated tags (possible even signed) for release
versions. (You will need to delete existing v1.2 local tag if you are
going to retag it with annotated tag.)

man git-tag:

  "Annotated tags are meant for release while lightweight tags are meant
  for private or temporary object labels. For this reason, some git
  commands for naming objects (like git describe) will ignore
  lightweight tags by default."

* Re: ima-evm-utils: git tagging for release
@ 2019-07-30 11:30   ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-07-30 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaly Chikunov, linux-integrity

Hi Vitaly,

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 09:26 +0300, Vitaly Chikunov wrote:
> Mimi,
>
> It seems that you are released v1.2 of ima-evm-utils. (I did not receive
> any announcement on linux-integrity.) I noticed that you are not using
> annotated tags for release versions.

In the future, I'll announce it here.

> I suggest you use annotated tags (possible even signed) for release
> versions. (You will need to delete existing v1.2 local tag if you are
> going to retag it with annotated tag.)

There are a couple of additional bug fixes that need to be applied
against the v1.2 release.  Maybe it would be better to release v1.2.1
with these additional bug fixes, using the annotated tag.

Mimi

* Re: ima-evm-utils: git tagging for release
@ 2019-07-30 14:36     ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-07-30 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaly Chikunov, linux-integrity
  Cc: Bruno E. O. Meneguele, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov, Petr Vorel

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 07:30 -0400, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> Hi Vitaly,
>
> On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 09:26 +0300, Vitaly Chikunov wrote:
> > Mimi,
> >
> > It seems that you are released v1.2 of ima-evm-utils. (I did not receive
> > any announcement on linux-integrity.) I noticed that you are not using
> > annotated tags for release versions.
>
> In the future, I'll announce it here.
>

> > I suggest you use annotated tags (possible even signed) for release
> > versions. (You will need to delete existing v1.2 local tag if you are
> > going to retag it with annotated tag.)

Done

> There are a couple of additional bug fixes that need to be applied
> against the v1.2 release.  Maybe it would be better to release v1.2.1
> with these additional bug fixes, using the annotated tag.

I've also pushed out some of the bug fixes to next and ima-evm-utils-
1.2.y.  Which of your remaining patches are bug fixes and should be
applied to both branches?

thanks,

Mimi

* Re: ima-evm-utils: git tagging for release
@ 2019-07-30 15:28       ` Vitaly Chikunov
From: Vitaly Chikunov @ 2019-07-30 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mimi Zohar
  Cc: linux-integrity, Bruno E. O. Meneguele, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov,
	Petr Vorel

Mimi,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 10:36:14AM -0400, Mimi Zohar wrote:

> I've also pushed out some of the bug fixes to next and ima-evm-utils-
> 1.2.y.  Which of your remaining patches are bug fixes and should be
> applied to both branches?

"ima-evm-utils: Do not load keys from x509 certs if user pass --rsa"
- This allows user to not see the confusing error message for v1 signatures
  if user knows to pass --rsa. This error message is not affecting
  behavior, though.

All others are applied, I think.

* Re: ima-evm-utils: git tagging for release
@ 2019-07-30 17:08         ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-07-30 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaly Chikunov
  Cc: linux-integrity, Bruno E. O. Meneguele, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov,
	Petr Vorel

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 18:28 +0300, Vitaly Chikunov wrote:
> Mimi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 10:36:14AM -0400, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> >
> > I've also pushed out some of the bug fixes to next and ima-evm-utils-
> > 1.2.y.  Which of your remaining patches are bug fixes and should be
> > applied to both branches?
>
> "ima-evm-utils: Do not load keys from x509 certs if user pass --rsa"
> - This allows user to not see the confusing error message for v1 signatures
>   if user knows to pass --rsa. This error message is not affecting
>   behavior, though.
>
> All others are applied, I think.

Ok, this is now there as well.  Unless there are problems with this
version, I'll tag it and upload the tar.

thanks,

Mimi