* Crypto API skcipher key size question
@ 2019-07-30 16:51 Pascal Van Leeuwen
From: Pascal Van Leeuwen @ 2019-07-30 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto, Herbert Xu, davem

Hi,

Quick question about skcipher algorithms supporting only
a single keysize, i.e. having min_keysize = max_keysize:

Do I need to do a key size check here or does the crypto
API already ensure the key size is between min and max?
(and therefore guaranteed to be always correct here)

Just trying to avoid posting a redundant patch here :-)

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Verimatrix
www.insidesecure.com

* Re: Crypto API skcipher key size question
@ 2019-07-30 22:29 ` Herbert Xu
From: Herbert Xu @ 2019-07-30 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pascal Van Leeuwen; +Cc: linux-crypto, davem

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 04:51:15PM +0000, Pascal Van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question about skcipher algorithms supporting only
> a single keysize, i.e. having min_keysize = max_keysize:
>
> Do I need to do a key size check here or does the crypto
> API already ensure the key size is between min and max?
> (and therefore guaranteed to be always correct here)

You don't need to.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>