* Re: Re: 回复:Re: 回复:Re: 回复:j1900_latency
@ 2019-09-11  9:50 Kevin
From: Kevin @ 2019-09-11  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane_Ancelot, xenomai

Hi S.Ancelot:
I compare my kernel config with your config-3.18.20cobalt,especially with the graphic part, and make the config nearly the same as yours.And the system's graphic runs in low performance, but also the latency test results in big value.
For now, our hardware(J1900) runs in Ubuntu 16.04 desktop with graphic,could this goal really be reached? Or, what can I do next, I am comfused.
--------------------------------

Best regards
Kevin

          From: Stéphane_Ancelot <sancelot@numalliance.com>

          To: hikwlu@sina.com

          Date: 2019-09-11 14:31

        Hi Kevin !
        Are you mandatory locked to v4.9.38 (eg 5.4 )?
        To take into account my config:
        cp .config config.backup.11.09.2019
        cp newconfig .config
        make oldconfig (reply to added options)
        then compare .config with config.backup.11.09.2019

        I have got some 4.x config available I will check.
        Have you run it with or without video driver ?

        Regards,
        Steph

        Le 11/09/2019 à 07:57, Kevin a écrit :

          Hi S.Ancelot:

          The attached file is the latency test result, running the
            whole night, you can see the worst value is:16.910

          You told me to compare the config file with yours,but my
            kernel version is v4.9.38, is very different from yours,and
            to find out the whole difference is very difficult.

          So, do you have any other recommendation to improve my
            kernel setup file? Thanks very much!
          --------------------------------

            Best regards

            Kevin

              Date: 2019-09-10 17:59

            Le 10/09/2019 à 10:14, 鲁克文 a écrit :

              Hi S.Ancelot:

              I modify the kernel cmdline with runlevel 3, and
                start the system login with command line, and then run
                latency test for about 20 min(meanwhile I use a another
                PC to ping this one with big packet to add network
              The worst value is : 6.560 (us), does it seem a good
                result?

              If it is really impacted by the graphic, should I
                just use framebuffer?

            No, I don't think so. compare kernel setup.

              --------------------------------

                Best regards

                Kevin

                      发件人:Stéphane_Ancelot <sancelot@numalliance.com>

                      收件人:hikwlu@sina.com

                      主题:Re: 回复:j1900 latency

                      日期:2019年09月10日 14点23分

                    I am using the NEXCOM NISE 2400 - J1900 platform.
                    1/ I enclosed my kernel settings , in order to be
                      compared with yours.
                    2/ Can you switch your linux to init 3 (without
                      graphic) and run latency test again to be sure it
                      is impacted by the graphic video driver.

                    Regards,
                    S.Ancelot

                    Le 10/09/2019 à 06:48, 鲁克文 a écrit :

                      Hi S.Ancelot:

                      Thanks very much for your experience. On my
                        current hardware, I use the kernel parameter
                        "xenomai.smi=1 xenomai.smi_mask=0x0860ffff "
                      ther kernel message shows: SMI workaround
                        failed!
                      Maybe the BIOS vendor lock the SMI register,
                        I will try another hardware, also using J1900,
                        to see whether it can work.

                      On the other hand, I want to ask: for the
                        J1900 hardware platform,do I need to make any
                        other special setting when I compile the kernel,
                        or any other thing should I pay attention to?
                        Thanks!

                      Currently, the system's configuration: J1900,
                        Ubuntu 16.04 desktop version, kernel:v4.9.24;
                        xenomai v3.0.5.

                      --------------------------------

                        Best regards

                        Kevin

                        ----- 原始邮件
                          -----

                          发件人:Stéphane_Ancelot <sancelot@numalliance.com>

                          收件人:hikwlu@sina.com

                          主题:j1900 latency

                          日期:2019年09月09日 22点46分

                        Hi,
                        We may share some personal experience with
                          J1900 platform.
                        try to setup following kernel options
                        xenomai.smi=1 xenomai.smi_mask=0x0860ffff

                        Regards,
                        S.Ancelot

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-11  9:50 UTC | newest]