* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2020.01-rc1 released
@ 2019-10-30 17:07 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-10-30 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

It's a few days past release day, and here finally is v2020.01-rc1.  The
delay was over hoping to be able to pull in one more big clean up series
that we need, and I want to take, but needs a little more work.  Doing
that has also put me behind on grabbing a number of outstanding patches
here and there, which I'm going to get on with next.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2019.10..v2020.01-rc1
looks pretty good but the content there varies based on what was given
to me in the PR.  So please, the more details in the request the better!

A few things to call out.  As I've said before, we need to get off of
python2 with this release and we're on track I believe.  Simon has
posted a series for almost everything that's not converted other than
test.py and I have a series for test.py.  I plan to merge the test.py
stuff shortly.  Next, Bin Meng added support for Azure Pipelines.  One
reason I'm calling this out is that it is noticeably faster than
Travis-CI.  For everything I pushed now, GitLab CI took 2 hours, Azure
took 2 hours 20 minutes and Travis is still going (3 hours 34 minutes as
I write).  It may be worth considering setting this up and trying it, if
you're currently using Travis-CI before posting patches / PRs.

I'm planning on doing -rc2 on the 11th and -rc3 on the 25th of September with
-rc4 on December 9th and -rc5 on December 23rd with the release scheduled on
January 6th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [U-Boot-Board-Maintainers] [ANN] U-Boot v2020.01-rc1 released
@ 2019-10-30 19:11 ` Adam Ford
From: Adam Ford @ 2019-10-30 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:13 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> It's a few days past release day, and here finally is v2020.01-rc1.  The
> delay was over hoping to be able to pull in one more big clean up series
> that we need, and I want to take, but needs a little more work.  Doing
> that has also put me behind on grabbing a number of outstanding patches
> here and there, which I'm going to get on with next.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2019.10..v2020.01-rc1
> looks pretty good but the content there varies based on what was given
> to me in the PR.  So please, the more details in the request the better!
>
> A few things to call out.  As I've said before, we need to get off of
> python2 with this release and we're on track I believe.  Simon has
> posted a series for almost everything that's not converted other than
> test.py and I have a series for test.py.  I plan to merge the test.py
> stuff shortly.  Next, Bin Meng added support for Azure Pipelines.  One
> reason I'm calling this out is that it is noticeably faster than
> Travis-CI.  For everything I pushed now, GitLab CI took 2 hours, Azure
> took 2 hours 20 minutes and Travis is still going (3 hours 34 minutes as
> I write).  It may be worth considering setting this up and trying it, if
> you're currently using Travis-CI before posting patches / PRs.
>
> I'm planning on doing -rc2 on the 11th and -rc3 on the 25th of September with

Do you mean November?  ;-)

> -rc4 on December 9th and -rc5 on December 23rd with the release scheduled on
> January 6th.  Thanks all!

Thanks for the update!

adam

@ 2019-10-30 19:25   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-10-30 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:11:28PM -0500, Adam Ford wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:13 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's a few days past release day, and here finally is v2020.01-rc1.  The
> > delay was over hoping to be able to pull in one more big clean up series
> > that we need, and I want to take, but needs a little more work.  Doing
> > that has also put me behind on grabbing a number of outstanding patches
> > here and there, which I'm going to get on with next.
> >
> > In terms of a changelog,
> > git log --merges v2019.10..v2020.01-rc1
> > looks pretty good but the content there varies based on what was given
> > to me in the PR.  So please, the more details in the request the better!
> >
> > A few things to call out.  As I've said before, we need to get off of
> > python2 with this release and we're on track I believe.  Simon has
> > posted a series for almost everything that's not converted other than
> > test.py and I have a series for test.py.  I plan to merge the test.py
> > stuff shortly.  Next, Bin Meng added support for Azure Pipelines.  One
> > reason I'm calling this out is that it is noticeably faster than
> > Travis-CI.  For everything I pushed now, GitLab CI took 2 hours, Azure
> > took 2 hours 20 minutes and Travis is still going (3 hours 34 minutes as
> > I write).  It may be worth considering setting this up and trying it, if
> > you're currently using Travis-CI before posting patches / PRs.
> >
> > I'm planning on doing -rc2 on the 11th and -rc3 on the 25th of September with
>
> Do you mean November?  ;-)

At this point I prefer to think of it as tradition that I forget at
least one place to update the previous schedule.  Yes, thanks :)

--
Tom