* Passing the torch.
@ 2017-09-25 11:36 Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2017-09-25 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist; +Cc: Bradley Bishop

All,

I've been the maintainer of OpenBMC and development lead for IBM for
approximately 1.5 years.  Nearly every line of code contributed to the
project has been reviewed by me.  But, I've recently decided to take a
new position within the industry and as such it is time for me to pass
along the torch, so to speak.

Wednesday Sept 20th was my last day employed by IBM and today, Monday
Sept 25th, I begin a new position.  With my new role, my time devoted to
the project will be significantly less.  As such, after discussing with
the IBM team, I've given Brad Bishop maintainer rights to the project.

Going forward, any statement I make with respect to the project should
interpreted as my personal opinion as an individual contributor and not
representing either IBM or my new employer, unless explicitly stated
otherwise.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my role the last few years, working with this
project and the community, and wish the project all the best.  Please
join me in congratulating Brad for taking on this responsibility and
give him your support.

--
Patrick Williams

* Re: Passing the torch.
@ 2017-09-27 15:08 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2017-09-27 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, OpenBMC Maillist

> Wednesday Sept 20th was my last day employed by IBM and today, Monday
> Sept 25th, I begin a new position.  With my new role, my time devoted
> the project will be significantly less.  As such, after discussing
> with
> the IBM team, I've given Brad Bishop maintainer rights to the
> project.

Thanks Patrick.  The project will miss your vision and expertise.  Good
luck in your new role, and looking forward to your drive-by
contributions :-)

* Re-joining the project
@ 2019-11-19  0:15 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2019-11-19  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:36:29AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> (deleted a bunch of text)
> --
> Patrick Williams

Hello!  Observant individuals might have noticed that Sai added a
familiar name to the FB CLA.  I started at Facebook a few weeks
ago and will be a developer on the OpenBMC team here.  Lots of
aspects of the project have changed and I have two years worth of
ramped up much here, but I will be starting to participate more
regularly now.  Looking forward to catching up!

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Re-joining the project
@ 2019-11-19 15:37   ` Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2019-11-19 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 6:15 PM, Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:36:29AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
>> (deleted a bunch of text)
>> --
>> Patrick Williams
>
> Hello!  Observant individuals might have noticed that Sai added a
> familiar name to the FB CLA.  I started at Facebook a few weeks
> ago and will be a developer on the OpenBMC team here.  Lots of
> aspects of the project have changed and I have two years worth of
> ramped up much here, but I will be starting to participate more
> regularly now.  Looking forward to catching up!
>
> --
> Patrick Williams

Welcome back! Any big features or functions on Facebooks
list for OpenBMC?

Andrew

* Re: Re-joining the project
@ 2019-11-19 16:48     ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2019-11-19 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Geissler; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 09:37:55AM -0600, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 2019, at 6:15 PM, Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:36:29AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:

> Welcome back! Any big features or functions on Facebooks
> list for OpenBMC?

Nothing I can competently talk about yet.  I know there is already
on-going work to get TiogaPass, which is an OCP system, running
OpenBMC.

https://github.com/openbmc/meta-facebook/tree/master/meta-tiogapass

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Re-joining the project
@ 2019-11-25 15:48   ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2019-11-25 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, OpenBMC Maillist

On 11/18/19 6:15 PM, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:36:29AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
>> (deleted a bunch of text)
>> --
>> Patrick Williams
>
> Hello!  Observant individuals might have noticed that Sai added a
> familiar name to the FB CLA.  I started at Facebook a few weeks
> ago and will be a developer on the OpenBMC team here.  Lots of

Welcome back Patrick! I look forward to working with you.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)