* Appending to recipe created by BBCLASSEXTEND
@ 2019-12-16  6:33 Tuomas Huuki
From: Tuomas Huuki @ 2019-12-16  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,
I'm using yocto warrior and have a recipe that is extended via BBCLASSEXTEND in to -native and -nativesdk. I also need an append for this recipe, including the "unextended" recipe. For example:
my-recipe_1.0.0.bb includes BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" and thus generates my-recipe and my-recipe-native
I also have a my-recipe_1.0.0.bbappend where I append a path to the recipe. The issue is, that it only works for the my-recipe, and not the extenend -native or -nativesdk.
I also tried creating my-recipe-native_1.0.0.bbappend, but that does not append to the extended recipe either.

So, is this a bug or is there a proper way of appending extended recipes?

Regards,
Tuomas

________________________________

Enerpac Tool Group Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.

* Re: [yocto] Appending to recipe created by BBCLASSEXTEND
@ 2019-12-16  9:44 ` Quentin Schulz
From: Quentin Schulz @ 2019-12-16  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tuomas Huuki; +Cc: yocto

Hi Tuomas,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 06:33:02AM +0000, Tuomas Huuki wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using yocto warrior and have a recipe that is extended via BBCLASSEXTEND in to -native and -nativesdk. I also need an append for this recipe, including the "unextended" recipe. For example:
> my-recipe_1.0.0.bb includes BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" and thus generates my-recipe and my-recipe-native
> I also have a my-recipe_1.0.0.bbappend where I append a path to the recipe. The issue is, that it only works for the my-recipe, and not the extenend -native or -nativesdk.

Please explain what you're doing exactly, maybe even the content of your
bbappend and/or the original recipe and what you're expecting to happen,
your description is too vague.

FYI, variables and tasks can be overriden per "class" in the same
recipe.

FOO = "a"
FOO_class-target = "b"
FOO_class-native = "c"
FOO_class-nativesdk = "d"

In that case, FOO will never be `a` (except if there is another class in
BBCLASSEXTEND).

So maybe your "path" or variable is overridden for the native recipe and
you need to do the same trick for FOO_class-native.

Regards,
Quentin