* OOM killer not nearly agressive enough?
@ 2020-01-07 20:44 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2020-01-07 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel list, Andrew Morton, linux-mm, akpm

Hi!

I updated my userspace to x86-64, and now chromium likes to eat all
the memory and bring the system to standstill.

Unfortunately, OOM killer does not react:

I'm now running "ps aux", and it prints one line every 20 seconds or
more. Do we agree that is "unusable" system? I attempted to do kill
from other session.

Do we agree that OOM killer should have reacted way sooner?

Is there something I can tweak to make it behave more reasonably?

Best regards,
									Pavel