* Temperature support for FXLS8471Q accelerometer
@ 2020-01-29 19:32 Dylan Howey
From: Dylan Howey @ 2020-01-29 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Hi all,

The mma8452 driver supports MMA845x, MMA865x and FXLS8471Q devices.

The FXLS8471Q is unique among these devices in that it has the
additional ability to measure temperature.

Currently there is no support in mma8452 to measure temperature when
the device is FXLS8471Q. Would anyone be opposed to me adding support?
I have hardware and would be able to test my changes.

Dylan

* Re: Temperature support for FXLS8471Q accelerometer
@ 2020-01-30 20:35 ` Lars-Peter Clausen
From: Lars-Peter Clausen @ 2020-01-30 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dylan Howey, linux-iio

On 1/29/20 8:32 PM, Dylan Howey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The mma8452 driver supports MMA845x, MMA865x and FXLS8471Q devices.
>
> The FXLS8471Q is unique among these devices in that it has the
> additional ability to measure temperature.
>
> Currently there is no support in mma8452 to measure temperature when
> the device is FXLS8471Q. Would anyone be opposed to me adding support?
> I have hardware and would be able to test my changes.

Hi,

Support for new devices is always welcomed :)

If you have any questions about the IIO framework let us know.

- Lars

* Re: Temperature support for FXLS8471Q accelerometer
@ 2020-02-04 16:35   ` Dylan Howey
From: Dylan Howey @ 2020-02-04 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars-Peter Clausen; +Cc: linux-iio

Any accel tests I should run before submitting changes? E.g. when I sent
changes to RTC I ran rtc-test first.

--

@ 2020-02-04 17:06     ` Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2020-02-04 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dylan Howey; +Cc: Lars-Peter Clausen, linux-iio

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 10:35:17 -0600
Dylan Howey <Dylan.Howey@tennantco.com> wrote:

> Any accel tests I should run before submitting changes? E.g. when I sent
> changes to RTC I ran rtc-test first.

We don't have a formal test suite yet.  So normally just
check the sysfs files return what you expect + if the driver
supports it, checkout buffered mode using iio_generic_buffer
in tools/iio

Make sure it'll do buffered capture with and without temp
(if that is supported by your patches - often temp is captured
via a different path to other channels, so its fine if not)

Jonathan