* ti-cgt6x bundling libc.a with unreadable ELF file header
@ 2020-02-09 18:26 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-02-09 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti, Denys Dmytriyenko

Hi

Recently, I am seeing below packaging error for ti-cgt6x

https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/390526/

eu-readelf also fails to read this file as well as binutils readelf
also complains

readelf: Error:
/mnt/b/yoe/build/tmp/work/armv7vet2hf-neon-yoe-linux-musleabi/ti-cgt6x/1_8.3.2-r0/package/usr/share/ti/cgt-c6x/lib/libc.a(__TI_$$LIBINFO):
Failed to read file header

this libc.a is a binary blob so I cant find out how it is. built so
pinpoint where the problem
could be.

since these are DSP blobs should this be ignored from processing and
just dumped into rootfs
this will help packager turn a blind eye towards its contents or
should this be fixed and turned into
a readable ELF file by normal binutils. I doubt it being a problem
with tools, since I see same issue
with elfutils tools as well as binutils ELF manipulation tools.

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: ti-cgt6x bundling libc.a with unreadable ELF file header
@ 2020-02-12 20:08 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2020-02-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: meta-ti

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 10:26:44AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> Hi
>
> Recently, I am seeing below packaging error for ti-cgt6x
>
> https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/390526/

Is this on master? Any specific configuration I should use to get this error?
I don't think I've ever seen this before or lately...

@ 2020-02-12 22:19   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-02-12 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-ti

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:08 PM Denys Dmytriyenko <denys@ti.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 10:26:44AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Recently, I am seeing below packaging error for ti-cgt6x
> >
> > https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/390526/
>
> Is this on master? Any specific configuration I should use to get this error?
> I don't think I've ever seen this before or lately...

yes this is on qemuarm though, I find that it will be better to
disable it for non-ti socs

@ 2020-02-20  2:43     ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2020-02-20  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: meta-ti

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 02:19:38PM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:08 PM Denys Dmytriyenko <denys@ti.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 10:26:44AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Recently, I am seeing below packaging error for ti-cgt6x
> > >
> > > https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/390526/
> >
> > Is this on master? Any specific configuration I should use to get this error?
> > I don't think I've ever seen this before or lately...
>
> yes this is on qemuarm though, I find that it will be better to
> disable it for non-ti socs

Hmm, I still wonder why it's not breaking on ti-soc machines. May need to add
INHIBIT_PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT = "1", but I would like to reproduce the issue
first, if possible...

@ 2020-02-20  2:57       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-02-20  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-ti