* [Virtio-fs] virtiofs on top of overlayfs
@ 2020-02-14 19:20 Vivek Goyal
From: Vivek Goyal @ 2020-02-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs-list, eric.ernst; +Cc: Mrunal Patel, Miklos Szeredi

Hi Eric,

Was talking to Mrunal and he said you mentioned that virtiofs on top of
overlayfs has some issues.

I can't remember any issues and thought it should just work. Would you
remember the specific issue you faced with this configuraiton.

Have kata continaers tried using virtiofs on top overlayfs.

Thanks
Vivek

* Re: [Virtio-fs] virtiofs on top of overlayfs
@ 2020-02-14 19:38 ` Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-02-14 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vivek Goyal; +Cc: Miklos Szeredi, eric.ernst, virtio-fs-list, Mrunal Patel

* Vivek Goyal (vgoyal@redhat.com) wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Was talking to Mrunal and he said you mentioned that virtiofs on top of
> overlayfs has some issues.
>
> I can't remember any issues and thought it should just work. Would you
> remember the specific issue you faced with this configuraiton.
>
> Have kata continaers tried using virtiofs on top overlayfs.

I know we've had it going on Kubernetes which has a pile of overlayfs;
I'm not sure how hard it's been pushed though.

Dave