* [Virtio-fs] fedora packages for virtiofsd
@ 2020-02-14 19:17 Vivek Goyal
From: Vivek Goyal @ 2020-02-14 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. David Alan Gilbert; +Cc: virtio-fs-list, Mrunal Patel

Hi David,

Are fedora packages for latest qemu with virtiofsd now available. Can one
try it?

Dan Walsh and Mrunal are looking for it (CCed in email).

Keeping this thread on virtio-fs list as others might be interested as
well.

Thanks
Vivek

* Re: [Virtio-fs] fedora packages for virtiofsd
@ 2020-02-14 19:44 ` Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-02-14 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vivek Goyal, crobinso; +Cc: virtio-fs-list, Mrunal Patel

* Vivek Goyal (vgoyal@redhat.com) wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Are fedora packages for latest qemu with virtiofsd now available. Can one
> try it?
>
> Dan Walsh and Mrunal are looking for it (CCed in email).
>
> Keeping this thread on virtio-fs list as others might be interested as
> well.

Cole has got it into the virt-preview copr:

 https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/virtmaint-sig/virt-preview

Dave

@ 2020-02-14 20:20   ` Daniel Walsh
From: Daniel Walsh @ 2020-02-14 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. David Alan Gilbert, Vivek Goyal, crobinso
  Cc: virtio-fs-list, Mrunal Patel

On 2/14/20 2:44 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Vivek Goyal (vgoyal@redhat.com) wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Are fedora packages for latest qemu with virtiofsd now available. Can one
>> try it?
>>
>> Dan Walsh and Mrunal are looking for it (CCed in email).
>>
>> Keeping this thread on virtio-fs list as others might be interested as
>> well.
> Cole has got it into the virt-preview copr:
>
>  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/virtmaint-sig/virt-preview
>
> Dave
>
>> Thanks
>> Vivek
> --
> Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert@redhat.com / Manchester, UK

How soon can we get this into Fedora.  I really do not want to have to
deal with special packages, that users can not easily get a hold of.  I
am real apprehensive on giving the go-ahead on a project as being
Enterprise ready until it gets some soak time in Fedora.  I would love
to see this available in Fedora 32, so people can start experimenting
with it.

* Re: [Virtio-fs] fedora packages for virtiofsd
@ 2020-02-14 20:31     ` Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-02-14 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Walsh; +Cc: virtio-fs-list, Mrunal Patel, Vivek Goyal, crobinso

* Daniel Walsh (dwalsh@redhat.com) wrote:
> On 2/14/20 2:44 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> > * Vivek Goyal (vgoyal@redhat.com) wrote:
> >> Hi David,
> >>
> >> Are fedora packages for latest qemu with virtiofsd now available. Can one
> >> try it?
> >>
> >> Dan Walsh and Mrunal are looking for it (CCed in email).
> >>
> >> Keeping this thread on virtio-fs list as others might be interested as
> >> well.
> > Cole has got it into the virt-preview copr:
> >
> >  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/virtmaint-sig/virt-preview
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >> Thanks
> >> Vivek
> > --
> > Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert@redhat.com / Manchester, UK
>
> How soon can we get this into Fedora.  I really do not want to have to
> deal with special packages, that users can not easily get a hold of.  I
> am real apprehensive on giving the go-ahead on a project as being
> Enterprise ready until it gets some soak time in Fedora.  I would love
> to see this available in Fedora 32, so people can start experimenting
> with it.

Understood.
It's upstream in the current QEMU tree, but it's due for release end of
April which is I assume too late for F32.
 (libvirt is still a work in progress).

I'll leave Cole to comment on Fedora backporting.

Dave