* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.04-rc3 released
@ 2020-02-26 12:56 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-02-26 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

It's two days late, but here is v2020.04-rc3.  The series to add
htmldocs tests to CI that I added on Monday took longer than I had
expected to go all green in CI.  I was going to do this yesterday after
applying the fixes that I pushed but got side-tracked, so here we are.

Once again, for a changelog,
git log --merges v2020.04-rc2..v2020.04-rc3
and as always, I ask for more details in the PRs people send me so I can
put them in the merge commit.

The final release is still on schedule for April 6th and I plan to open
my -next branch on March 2nd.  Thanks all!

--
Tom
> It's two days late, but here is v2020.04-rc3.  The series to add
> htmldocs tests to CI that I added on Monday took longer than I had
> expected to go all green in CI.  I was going to do this yesterday after
> applying the fixes that I pushed but got side-tracked, so here we are.

Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
has not been pulled).

And one inconvenience: DFU timeout API feature requires one small fix
which is in Lukasz branch, but by some reason didn't make rc3.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.04-rc3 released
@ 2020-02-26 15:27   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2020-02-26 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Andy,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:01 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's two days late, but here is v2020.04-rc3.  The series to add
> > htmldocs tests to CI that I added on Monday took longer than I had
> > expected to go all green in CI.  I was going to do this yesterday after
> > applying the fixes that I pushed but got side-tracked, so here we are.
>
> Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
> has not been pulled).

Yes, it's currently in the x86 tree and will be in rc4.

> And one inconvenience: DFU timeout API feature requires one small fix
> which is in Lukasz branch, but by some reason didn't make rc3.

Regards,
Bin

* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.04-rc3 released
@ 2020-02-26 15:37   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-02-26 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 05:01:29PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's two days late, but here is v2020.04-rc3.  The series to add
> > htmldocs tests to CI that I added on Monday took longer than I had
> > expected to go all green in CI.  I was going to do this yesterday after
> > applying the fixes that I pushed but got side-tracked, so here we are.
>
> Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
> has not been pulled).

I don't see the PR here, sorry!

> And one inconvenience: DFU timeout API feature requires one small fix
> which is in Lukasz branch, but by some reason didn't make rc3.

And I think this is coming via the USB tree perhaps?  Or is it in the
clk part itself?  Thanks!

--
Tom
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 05:01:29PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > It's two days late, but here is v2020.04-rc3.  The series to add
> > > htmldocs tests to CI that I added on Monday took longer than I had
> > > expected to go all green in CI.  I was going to do this yesterday
> > > after applying the fixes that I pushed but got side-tracked, so
> > > here we are.
> >
> > Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
> > has not been pulled).
>
> I don't see the PR here, sorry!
>
> > And one inconvenience: DFU timeout API feature requires one small
> > fix which is in Lukasz branch, but by some reason didn't make rc3.
>
> And I think this is coming via the USB tree perhaps?

I've sent PR on last Friday (with Andy on CC):
[GIT] Pull request: u-boot-dfu (21.02.2020)

It shall be pulled by Marek soon to the u-boot-usb tree.

>  Or is it in the
> clk part itself?  Thanks!

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: lukma at denx.de
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 05:01:29PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com>
> > > wrote:

> > > Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
> > > has not been pulled).
> >
> > I don't see the PR here, sorry!
> >
> > > And one inconvenience: DFU timeout API feature requires one small
> > > fix which is in Lukasz branch, but by some reason didn't make rc3.
> >
> > And I think this is coming via the USB tree perhaps?
>
> I've sent PR on last Friday (with Andy on CC):
> [GIT] Pull request: u-boot-dfu (21.02.2020)
>
> It shall be pulled by Marek soon to the u-boot-usb tree.

Thank you, Lukasz!

I saw it, but it was some discussion and seems now it's being resolved.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.04-rc3 released
@ 2020-02-26 16:46     ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2020-02-26 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 5:27 PM Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:01 PM Andy Shevchenko
> <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> > Still Edison doesn't boot (IIRC I saw Bin's PR which by some reason
> > has not been pulled).
> >

> Yes, it's currently in the x86 tree and will be in rc4.

Thank you, Bin, for clarifying!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko