* Mailing list platform change March 20th
@ 2020-03-13 23:58 ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-13 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

We are moving our lists from Mailman to Groups.io. E-mail to lists will be
delayed during the move window. We are aiming to complete the migration
during business hours in the Pacific time zone.

A new account will be created for you on the Groups.io platform if you
don't already have one.

You can read more about the change on the wiki:
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration

If there are serious issues we will rollback the changes. We will e-mail
all lists when work is complete.

--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project

From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-13 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,

@ 2020-03-19 16:44   ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

Everything is proceeding smoothly and this work will continue as planned.
The migration starts at noon PDT tomorrow.

List owners please take care of all outstanding moderation in the next 24
hours to ensure a smooth transition.

Thank you,
--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
Systems Operations Engineer

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM Michael Halstead <
mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> We are moving our lists from Mailman to Groups.io. E-mail to lists will
> be delayed during the move window. We are aiming to complete the migration
> during business hours in the Pacific time zone.
>
> A new account will be created for you on the Groups.io platform if you
> don't already have one.
>
> You can read more about the change on the wiki:
> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration
>
> If there are serious issues we will rollback the changes. We will e-mail
> all lists when work is complete.
>
> --
> Michael Halstead
> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
> Systems Operations Engineer

* Re: Mailing list platform change March 20th
@ 2020-03-19 16:44   ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

Everything is proceeding smoothly and this work will continue as planned.
The migration starts at noon PDT tomorrow.

List owners please take care of all outstanding moderation in the next 24

@ 2020-03-20 18:59     ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-20 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

The migration will begin shortly. List mail will be delayed until the
process is complete. E-mail sent during downtime should eventually be
delivered. However waiting to send until after the switch is recommended.

Thank you,
--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
Systems Operations Engineer

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:44 AM Michael Halstead <

From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-20 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

The migration will begin shortly. List mail will be delayed until the
process is complete. E-mail sent during downtime should eventually be
delivered. However waiting to send until after the switch is recommended.

Thank you,
--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
Systems Operations Engineer

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:44 AM Michael Halstead <
mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Everything is proceeding smoothly and this work will continue as planned.
> The migration starts at noon PDT tomorrow.
>
> List owners please take care of all outstanding moderation in the next 24
> hours to ensure a smooth transition.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Michael Halstead
> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
> Systems Operations Engineer
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM Michael Halstead <
> mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> We are moving our lists from Mailman to Groups.io. E-mail to lists will
>> be delayed during the move window. We are aiming to complete the migration
>> during business hours in the Pacific time zone.
>>
>> A new account will be created for you on the Groups.io platform if you
>> don't already have one.
>>
>> You can read more about the change on the wiki:
>> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration
>>
>> If there are serious issues we will rollback the changes. We will e-mail
>> all lists when work is complete.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Halstead
>> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
>> Systems Operations Engineer

* Re: [bitbake-devel] Mailing list platform change March 20th
  (?)
@ 2020-03-20 20:56     ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2020-03-20 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead, bitbake-devel, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-architecture, openembeded-devel

Micheal,

Thanks for doing this.

So just for my clarification, there is no needed to update any README to
use a different e-mail to like we did for the Yocto transitions since oe
is already using "lists.openembedded.org"

- armin

@ 2020-03-21  0:44       ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2020-03-21  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808
  Cc: bitbake-devel, openembedded-core, openembedded-architecture,
	openembeded-devel

The migration to Groups.io is nearly complete. All functionality is ready
to use and you can send e-mail now. Archives are in place except for the
most recent from the Openembedded-commits list. Those are continuing to
import.

There is no need to update your address book as the list addresses have not
changed.

If you encounter any issues please visit
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration for the latest
information. If your concern isn't addressed e-mail me directly.

Thank you,
--

@ 2020-03-21  3:11         ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-03-21  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: akuster808, bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture,
	openembedded-core, openembeded-devel

Superb job Michael

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:44 PM Michael Halstead <
mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> The migration to Groups.io is nearly complete. All functionality is ready
> to use and you can send e-mail now. Archives are in place except for the
> most recent from the Openembedded-commits list. Those are continuing to
> import.
>
> There is no need to update your address book as the list addresses have
> not changed.
>
> If you encounter any issues please visit
> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration for the latest
> information. If your concern isn't addressed e-mail me directly.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Michael Halstead
> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
> Systems Operations Engineer
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 1:56 PM akuster808 <akuster808@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Micheal,
>>
>> Thanks for doing this.
>>
>> So just for my clarification, there is no needed to update any README to
>> use a different e-mail to like we did for the Yocto transitions since oe is
>> already using "lists.openembedded.org"
>>
>> - armin
>>

>> On 3/20/20 11:59 AM, Michael Halstead wrote:
>>
>> The migration will begin shortly. List mail will be delayed until the
>> process is complete. E-mail sent during downtime should eventually be
>> delivered. However waiting to send until after the switch is recommended.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> --
>> Michael Halstead
>> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
>> Systems Operations Engineer
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:44 AM Michael Halstead <
>> mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Everything is proceeding smoothly and this work will continue as
>>> planned. The migration starts at noon PDT tomorrow.
>>>
>>> List owners please take care of all outstanding moderation in the next
>>> 24 hours to ensure a smooth transition.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> --
>>> Michael Halstead
>>> Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
>>> Systems Operations Engineer

* Re: [oe] [bitbake-devel] Mailing list platform change March 20th
@ 2020-03-25 15:03         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2020-03-25 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: akuster808, bitbake-devel, openembedded-core,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 05:44:36PM -0700, Michael Halstead wrote:
> The migration to Groups.io is nearly complete. All functionality is ready
> to use and you can send e-mail now. Archives are in place except for the
> most recent from the Openembedded-commits list. Those are continuing to
> import.
>
> There is no need to update your address book as the list addresses have not
> changed.
>
> If you encounter any issues please visit
> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GroupsMigration for the latest
> information. If your concern isn't addressed e-mail me directly.

Hi,

thanks Michael!

Can you please check if git hooks sending e-mail notifications still
work or need some change (possibly related to this)?

There were new commits recently in couple repositories, but last e-mail
from git hook I see from Mar 19th.

Cheers,

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [oe] [bitbake-devel] Mailing list platform change March 20th
@ 2020-03-30 15:18           ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2020-03-30 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: akuster808, bitbake-devel, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-architecture, openembeded-devel