* Dead machines?
@ 2020-04-01 21:32 Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-04-01 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: Patrick Venture, Yuan Yao

Hello,

As part of the python2 -> 3 transition, I was looking for recipes that are
still have a "inherit pythonnative" line to see how much farther we have
until python2 is eliminated.

I came across two machines that have recipes using the very old
"config-in-skeleton" feature and include python2 machine configuration
scripts.  Running python 2to3 on the contained scripts give parsing errors
even.

Do these machines even build and run anymore?  Is anyone planning to maintain
them, or should we delete them?  The last time either meta was touched
in a meaningful way was a year ago.

./meta-hxt/meta-stardragon4800-rep2/recipes-phosphor/workbook/stardragon4800-rep2-config.bb
./meta-qualcomm/meta-centriq2400-rep/recipes-phosphor/workbook/centriq2400-rep-config.bb

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dead machines?
@ 2020-04-02 15:30 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-04-02 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: Patrick Venture

Patrick [Venture],

I even got a bounce from the only person @hxt-semi that has committed to
this repo.  Can you help track this down?

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dead machines?
@ 2020-04-02 15:42   ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2020-04-02 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 8:30 AM Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> Patrick [Venture],
>
> I even got a bounce from the only person @hxt-semi that has committed to
> this repo.  Can you help track this down?
>
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 04:32:51PM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As part of the python2 -> 3 transition, I was looking for recipes that are
> > still have a "inherit pythonnative" line to see how much farther we have
> > until python2 is eliminated.
> >
> > I came across two machines that have recipes using the very old
> > "config-in-skeleton" feature and include python2 machine configuration
> > scripts.  Running python 2to3 on the contained scripts give parsing errors
> > even.
> >
> > Do these machines even build and run anymore?  Is anyone planning to maintain
> > them, or should we delete them?  The last time either meta was touched
> > in a meaningful way was a year ago.
> >
> > ./meta-hxt/meta-stardragon4800-rep2/recipes-phosphor/workbook/stardragon4800-rep2-config.bb
> > ./meta-qualcomm/meta-centriq2400-rep/recipes-phosphor/workbook/centriq2400-rep-config.bb

I don't plan to maintain them as I have no mechanism for testing them
beyond just building.  As for deleting them - I can't say whether that
is appropriate - if anyone is using them - perhaps we drop the include
from openbmc/openbmc and then if nobody complains after N months, we
archive the meta-hxt repo, or?