* Let me make sure I have this right (fib)
@ 2020-05-28 13:02 Stephen Satchell
From: Stephen Satchell @ 2020-05-28 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Netfilter Users List

Objective: to implement the send restrictions for BCP-38.

In FILTER/PREROUTING, FILTER/INPUT, and FILTER/FORWARD, the selectors
"fib saddr type <x>" and "fib saddr oif <x>" lets me examine the
characteristics of the packet's source address, such as BROADCAST,
PROHIBITED, &c.

In FILTER/FORWARD, FILTER/OUTPUT, and FILTER/POSTROUTING,  the selector
"fib daddr type <x>" and "oif <x>" lets me examine the characteristics
of the packet's destination address.

Now, for packets generated by a local process, how can I filter packets
with spoofed source addresses?  This is to block bad stuff if for some
reason the firewall box is compromised.  Earlier comments indicated that
"fib saddr type <x>" and "fib saddr oif <x> are not allowed in the
FILTER/OUTPUT and FILTER/POSTROUTING chains.

Help?

* Re: Let me make sure I have this right (fib)
@ 2020-05-28 13:13 ` Florian Westphal
From: Florian Westphal @ 2020-05-28 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Satchell; +Cc: Linux Netfilter Users List

Stephen Satchell <list@satchell.net> wrote:
> firewall box is compromised.  Earlier comments indicated that "fib saddr
> type <x>" and "fib saddr oif <x> are not allowed in the FILTER/OUTPUT and
> FILTER/POSTROUTING chains.

saddr isn't a problem.  'saddr . iif' is (there is no 'input
interface').