* Patches to apply to stable releases [6/3/2020]
@ 2020-06-03 20:21 Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2020-06-03 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin, Guenter Roeck

Hi,

Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
releases.

The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
- The patch includes a Fixes: tag
  Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
  SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
- The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
  stable release
- The patch has not been applied to that stable release

All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
(where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
kerneltests.org.

Thanks,
Guenter

---
Upstream commit 0e0bf1ea1147 ("perf stat: Zero all the 'ena' and 'run' array slot stats for interval mode")
  upstream: ToT
    Fixes: 51fd2df1e882 ("perf stat: Fix interval output values")
      in linux-4.4.y: 7629c7ef5291
      upstream: v4.5-rc4
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y
      linux-4.14.y
      linux-4.19.y
      linux-5.4.y
      linux-5.6.y
      Presumably also linux-5.7.y but not checked/tested

Upstream commit b8018b973c7c ("scsi: scsi_devinfo: fixup string compare")
  upstream: v4.15-rc1
    Fixes: 5e7ff2ca7f2d ("SCSI: fix new bug in scsi_dev_info_list string matching")
      in linux-4.4.y: c4c2a8f5b740
      upstream: v4.7-rc7
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y
      linux-4.14.y
    Fixed by:
      ba69ead9e9e9 ("scsi: scsi_devinfo: handle non-terminated strings")
      [This patch needs to be applied as well]

Upstream commit e87581fe0509 ("usb: gadget: f_uac2: fix error handling in afunc_bind (again)")
  upstream: v4.18-rc7
    Fixes: f1d3861d63a5 ("usb: gadget: f_uac2: fix error handling at afunc_bind")
      in linux-4.4.y: c67c2ed829f3
      in linux-4.9.y: 5180169dae85
      upstream: v4.10-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y
      linux-4.14.y (already applied)

Upstream commit f9ac89f5ad61 ("platform/x86: acer-wmi: setup accelerometer when ACPI device was found")
  upstream: v4.12-rc1
    Fixes: 98d610c3739a ("platform/x86: acer-wmi: setup accelerometer when machine has appropriate notify event")
      in linux-4.4.y: ccf0904c49b1
      in linux-4.9.y: 03470ba96a96
      upstream: v4.11-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y (already applied)

Upstream commit 7284fdf39a91 ("esp6: fix memleak on error path in esp6_input")
  upstream: v4.18-rc8
    Fixes: 3f29770723fe ("ipsec: check return value of skb_to_sgvec always")
      in linux-4.4.y: d55d38496455
      in linux-4.9.y: 753b04d213ec
      upstream: v4.13-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y
      linux-4.14.y (already applied)

Upstream commit 3dc7c7badb75 ("IB/mlx4: Fix an error handling path in 'mlx4_ib_rereg_user_mr()'")
  upstream: v4.18-rc2
    Fixes: d8f9cc328c88 ("IB/mlx4: Mark user MR as writable if actual virtual memory is writable")
      in linux-4.4.y: d803aa2fe665
      in linux-4.9.y: e2ba7bf19727
      in linux-4.14.y: 1c82abc1b26a
      upstream: v4.18-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y (already applied)
      linux-4.14.y (already applied)

Upstream commit fa16b69f1299 ("ALSA: hda - No loopback on ALC299 codec")
  upstream: v4.12-rc3
    Fixes: 28f1f9b26cee ("ALSA: hda/realtek - Add new codec ID ALC299")
      in linux-4.4.y: e2d12bdaed6b
      in linux-4.9.y: f6e94c2c16fe
      upstream: v4.11-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y (already applied)

Upstream commit 86aa66687442 ("libnvdimm: Fix endian conversion issues ")
  upstream: v5.4-rc1
    Fixes: 9dedc73a4658 ("libnvdimm/btt: Fix LBA masking during 'free list' population")
      in linux-4.14.y: bf87f274fe9f
      in linux-4.19.y: 4e160b91c776
      upstream: v5.1-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.14.y
      linux-4.19.y

Upstream commit e2abfc0448a4 ("x86/cpu/amd: Make erratum #1054 a legacy erratum")
  upstream: ToT
    Fixes: 21b5ee59ef18 ("x86/cpu/amd: Enable the fixed Instructions Retired counter IRPERF")
      in linux-4.19.y: f28ec250579c
      in linux-5.4.y: e0253c422024
      upstream: v5.6-rc3
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.19.y
      linux-5.4.y
      linux-5.6.y
      Presumably also linux-5.7.y but not checked/tested

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [6/3/2020]
@ 2020-06-04 10:09 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2020-06-04 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:21:35PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
> releases.
>
> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>   stable release
> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>
> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
> kerneltests.org.
>
> Thanks,
> Guenter
>
> ---
> Upstream commit 0e0bf1ea1147 ("perf stat: Zero all the 'ena' and 'run' array slot stats for interval mode")
>   upstream: ToT
>     Fixes: 51fd2df1e882 ("perf stat: Fix interval output values")
>       in linux-4.4.y: 7629c7ef5291
>       upstream: v4.5-rc4
>     Affected branches:
>       linux-4.4.y
>       linux-4.9.y
>       linux-4.14.y
>       linux-4.19.y
>       linux-5.4.y
>       linux-5.6.y
>       Presumably also linux-5.7.y but not checked/tested

You are starting to catch patches that are now in Linus's tree, but have
not shown up in a -rc release yet.  We really should wait for these
until they do show up in a real release, unless there is a specific need
otherwise.

Usually I require the maintainer of the subsystem to ask me to merge
those patches, as it gives me someone to blame if things go wrong :)

So can you hold off on these types of patches until they show up in a
-rc release?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [6/3/2020]
@ 2020-06-04 10:12 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2020-06-04 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:21:35PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
> releases.
>
> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>   stable release
> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>
> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
> kerneltests.org.
>
> Thanks,
> Guenter
>
> ---

> Upstream commit e2abfc0448a4 ("x86/cpu/amd: Make erratum #1054 a legacy erratum")
>   upstream: ToT
>     Fixes: 21b5ee59ef18 ("x86/cpu/amd: Enable the fixed Instructions Retired counter IRPERF")
>       in linux-4.19.y: f28ec250579c
>       in linux-5.4.y: e0253c422024
>       upstream: v5.6-rc3
>     Affected branches:
>       linux-4.19.y
>       linux-5.4.y
>       linux-5.6.y
>       Presumably also linux-5.7.y but not checked/tested

I didn't queue this one up either, but all others I have now, thanks.

greg k-h

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [6/3/2020]
@ 2020-06-04 13:46   ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2020-06-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On 6/4/20 3:09 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:21:35PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
>> releases.
>>
>> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
>> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
>> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
>> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>>   stable release
>> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>>
>> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
>> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
>> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
>> kerneltests.org.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Guenter
>>
>> ---
>> Upstream commit 0e0bf1ea1147 ("perf stat: Zero all the 'ena' and 'run' array slot stats for interval mode")
>>   upstream: ToT
>>     Fixes: 51fd2df1e882 ("perf stat: Fix interval output values")
>>       in linux-4.4.y: 7629c7ef5291
>>       upstream: v4.5-rc4
>>     Affected branches:
>>       linux-4.4.y
>>       linux-4.9.y
>>       linux-4.14.y
>>       linux-4.19.y
>>       linux-5.4.y
>>       linux-5.6.y
>>       Presumably also linux-5.7.y but not checked/tested
>
> You are starting to catch patches that are now in Linus's tree, but have
> not shown up in a -rc release yet.  We really should wait for these
> until they do show up in a real release, unless there is a specific need
> otherwise.
>
> Usually I require the maintainer of the subsystem to ask me to merge
> those patches, as it gives me someone to blame if things go wrong :)
>
> So can you hold off on these types of patches until they show up in a
> -rc release?

Sure, NP.

Guenter