* Inverted colors in Qt application with beaglebone/am335x and QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs
@ 2020-06-05  9:23 Luca
From: Luca @ 2020-06-05  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

Hi all,

running some QT applications with `QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs` and ` QT_QPA_EGLFS_INTEGRATION=eglfs_kms ` I am experiencing some issues:

* running Qt5_CinematicExperience the red and blue color are inverted. Apart from that the application seems to rung just fine
* running qtwebbrowser 5.13.2 ( git://code.qt.io/qt-apps/qtwebbrowser.git ) the red and blue color are inverted and the webpage refresh seems to be very slow

Using:

* meta-ti tag ti2020.00 branch zeus
* qt configured exactly as it is done in meta-arago tag ti2020.00, without `wayland` in `DISTRO_FEATURES`
* poky: branch zeus, commit ca9cc50
* meta-openembedded: branch zeus, commit 44e458f
* MACHINE set to beaglebone

Notes:

* Considering TI SDK guide ( http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/Foundational_Components/Graphics/AM3_Beagle_Bone_Black_Configuration.html#am3-beagle-bone-black-board-configuration ) I tried to update the `etc/powervr.ini` setting DefaultPixelFormat=RGB565 but it seems the change
* I tried to set ` "format": "rgb565"` in eglfs_kms_cfg.json but that causes an error when running with "-platform eglfs" (or QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs)

qt.qpa.eglfs.kms: Creating gbm_surface for screen LVDS1
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3009

Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Regards
Luca

* Re: [meta-ti] Inverted colors in Qt application with beaglebone/am335x and QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs
@ 2020-06-08 20:16 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2020-06-08 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca; +Cc: meta-ti, Andrew F. Davis

Luca,

Thank you for your report. There have been few similar reports on TI E2E
forums (https://e2e.ti.com/) and our team is looking into this issue. You
might want to follow corresponding discussions there for any latest updates,
but once this gets resolved, it will be picked up by meta-ti.

One more note - there are no more updates planned for "zeus" branch, as we
have migrated to the latest LTS release "dunfell".

Thanks.

--
Denys

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 02:23:41AM -0700, Luca wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> running some QT applications with `QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs` and ` QT_QPA_EGLFS_INTEGRATION=eglfs_kms ` I am experiencing some issues:
>
> * running Qt5_CinematicExperience the red and blue color are inverted. Apart from that the application seems to rung just fine
> * running qtwebbrowser 5.13.2 ( git://code.qt.io/qt-apps/qtwebbrowser.git ) the red and blue color are inverted and the webpage refresh seems to be very slow
>
> Using:
>
> * meta-ti tag ti2020.00 branch zeus
> * qt configured exactly as it is done in meta-arago tag ti2020.00, without `wayland` in `DISTRO_FEATURES`
> * poky: branch zeus, commit ca9cc50
> * meta-openembedded: branch zeus, commit 44e458f
> * MACHINE set to beaglebone
>
> Notes:
>
> * Considering TI SDK guide ( http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/Foundational_Components/Graphics/AM3_Beagle_Bone_Black_Configuration.html#am3-beagle-bone-black-board-configuration ) I tried to update the `etc/powervr.ini` setting DefaultPixelFormat=RGB565 but it seems the change
> * I tried to set ` "format": "rgb565"` in eglfs_kms_cfg.json but that causes an error when running with "-platform eglfs" (or QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs)
>
> qt.qpa.eglfs.kms: Creating gbm_surface for screen LVDS1
> EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3009
>
> Any suggestion would be very appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Luca

* Re: Inverted colors in Qt application with beaglebone/am335x and QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs
@ 2020-06-09  8:20   ` Luca
From: Luca @ 2020-06-09  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti