* [tpm2] Question: How should I provide "OwnerAuth" on Windows?
@ 2020-06-29 18:03 kent.thompson
From: kent.thompson @ 2020-06-29 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

I've searched through the project's issues but didn't find anything on this topic.

Our team is porting the Linux implementation of the 'tpm-provider' (application interface (wraps tpm2-tss for use with golang) to Windows. On Linux we take ownership of the tpm and specify the owner auth password, which is then used for the tpm2-tss function calls (ex. https://github.com/intel-secl/tpm-provider/blob/64cd53d6fd91b50eb011e1e43d6b0966fbeb473a/nvram.c#L67).

My understanding is that taking ownership is not needed on Windows and I've retrieved the "ownerauth" form the Get-Tpm cmdlet. Base64 decoding that value and passing the 20 bytes for owner auth returns 0x9a2 (TPM_RC_BAD_AUTH).

What ownerath value should I pass to tpm2-tss?

Duplicated at https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tss/issues/1767

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-29 18:03 UTC | newest]