* linux-next: failing to fetch the dmi tree
@ 2020-07-12 23:11 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-07-12 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Attempting to fetch the dmi tree gets this error:

http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux/jdelvare-dmi/series:
2020-07-13 08:58:05 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I am still using the previously fetched quilt series.

Jean, I don't suppose you would like to produce a git tree for me to
fetch instead, as yours is the last quilt series I fetch (apart from
Andrew's which is special).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: failing to fetch the dmi tree
@ 2020-07-15  9:37 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2020-07-15  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:11:02 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Attempting to fetch the dmi tree gets this error:
>
> http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux/jdelvare-dmi/series:
> 2020-07-13 08:58:05 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
>
> I am still using the previously fetched quilt series.

Sorry about that, there was a general failure on my provider's web
server over last week-end, not something I could fix myself. It got
eventually fixed on Monday morning (July 13th, CEST).

> Jean, I don't suppose you would like to produce a git tree for me to
> fetch instead, as yours is the last quilt series I fetch (apart from
> Andrew's which is special).

Actually, feel free to suppose. While a quilt tree fits my current
workflow better, I don't want to be the guy who makes your life more
difficult. Let me give it a try.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support

* Re: linux-next: failing to fetch the dmi tree
@ 2020-07-16 11:21   ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2020-07-16 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 11:37:43 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:11:02 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Jean, I don't suppose you would like to produce a git tree for me to
> > fetch instead, as yours is the last quilt series I fetch (apart from
> > Andrew's which is special).
>
> Actually, feel free to suppose. While a quilt tree fits my current
> workflow better, I don't want to be the guy who makes your life more
> difficult. Let me give it a try.

OK, so my old for-next branch in quilt format is still at:

http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux/jdelvare-dmi/

and what should be a git equivalent of it is at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jdelvare/staging.git dmi-for-next

If the latter works for you then I shall be ready to switch to it
officially. If there's anything wrong, please let me know.

Will you curse me if I ever rebase this branch?

Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support

* Re: linux-next: failing to fetch the dmi tree
@ 2020-07-16 12:55     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-07-16 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)