* Add ath9k-devel archives to lore?
@ 2020-07-10 20:00 Bjorn Helgaas
From: Bjorn Helgaas @ 2020-07-10 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QCA ath9k Development; +Cc: Pali Rohár, Kalle Valo, linux-wireless

The ath9k-devel mailing list was closed in 2017 in favor of
linux-wireless (per
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k), but the
archives contain information that may still be useful.

For instance, Pali just sent me a link
(https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/msg07529.html)
about an issue with PCI enumeration.

The ath9k-devel archive still seems to exist at
https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/ and
https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/

https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives *can*
be used, but it's better to start with something else.

Is anybody interested in adding the ath9k-devel archives to lore?  If
so, does anybody have an archive to start with?

Bjorn

* Re: Add ath9k-devel archives to lore?
@ 2020-07-22  8:43 ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2020-07-22  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Helgaas; +Cc: QCA ath9k Development, Kalle Valo, linux-wireless

On Friday 10 July 2020 15:00:25 Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> The ath9k-devel mailing list was closed in 2017 in favor of
> linux-wireless (per
> https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k), but the
> archives contain information that may still be useful.
>
> For instance, Pali just sent me a link
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/msg07529.html)
> about an issue with PCI enumeration.

I would like to see ath9k-devel archive available in some searchable and
indexed form too! pipermail is not really usable.

> The ath9k-devel archive still seems to exist at
> https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/ and
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/
>
> https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives *can*
> be used, but it's better to start with something else.
>
> Is anybody interested in adding the ath9k-devel archives to lore?  If
> so, does anybody have an archive to start with?

In most cases, pipermail/mailman is configured to save unmodified copy
(with all attachments and headers) of every incoming email to some mbox
archive stored on server, which is available to server admins. This mbox
archive is not available for download via web interface, so it is not
public and some SSH access to server is required for obtaining it.

Admins of lists.ath9k.org could have access to full ath9k-devel mbox
archive which is suitable for importing into any indexing service, like
lore.

Public pipermail archive has downloadable GZIP version of all emails,
but it is stripped of all attachments and have mangled all strings in
headers and body which may look like an email address. So this public
pipermail archive is not very usable.

In past I did some research work on topic how to archive, parse and
index emails from mailing lists and I have scripts which could de-mangle
pipermail public archives and generate from it valid mbox archive.

* Re: Add ath9k-devel archives to lore?
@ 2021-03-29 11:27   ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2021-03-29 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Helgaas, Konstantin Ryabitsev
  Cc: QCA ath9k Development, Kalle Valo, linux-wireless

+ Konstantin

On Wednesday 22 July 2020 10:43:15 Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Friday 10 July 2020 15:00:25 Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> > The ath9k-devel mailing list was closed in 2017 in favor of
> > linux-wireless (per
> > https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k), but the
> > archives contain information that may still be useful.
> >
> > For instance, Pali just sent me a link
> > (https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/msg07529.html)
> > about an issue with PCI enumeration.
>
> I would like to see ath9k-devel archive available in some searchable and
> indexed form too! pipermail is not really usable.
>
> > The ath9k-devel archive still seems to exist at
> > https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/ and
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/
> >
> > https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives *can*
> > be used, but it's better to start with something else.
> >
> > Is anybody interested in adding the ath9k-devel archives to lore?

I would really like to see ath9k-devel archive available & searchable in
lore web service.

Konstantin, do you think it is possible?

@ 2021-06-11 21:46     ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2021-06-11 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mrenzmann, ath9k-devel-owner
  Cc: QCA ath9k Development, Kalle Valo, linux-wireless,
	Konstantin Ryabitsev, Bjorn Helgaas

+ mrenzmann

Do you have access to mbox file archives on lists.ath9k.org for ath9k-devel list?

@ 2021-07-02 19:27 ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2021-07-02 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Helgaas; +Cc: QCA ath9k Development, Kalle Valo, linux-wireless

On Friday 10 July 2020 15:00:25 Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> The ath9k-devel mailing list was closed in 2017 in favor of
> linux-wireless (per
> https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k), but the
> archives contain information that may still be useful.
>
> For instance, Pali just sent me a link
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/msg07529.html)
> about an issue with PCI enumeration.
>
> The ath9k-devel archive still seems to exist at
> https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/ and
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/
>
> https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives *can*
> be used, but it's better to start with something else.
>
> Is anybody interested in adding the ath9k-devel archives to lore?  If
> so, does anybody have an archive to start with?
>
> Bjorn

FYI Konstantin imported archive into lore:
https://lore.kernel.org/ath9k-devel/