* netfilter_queue tutorial
@ 2020-09-01 11:04 Tomasz W
From: Tomasz W @ 2020-09-01 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Good Morning,

can anyone, pretty please, guide me or provide me with a decent tutorial on marking packets? Documents and example files are not very helpful. I am trying to integrate netfilter_queue with my software that capture packets with libpcap and analyse those with nDPI.

* Re: netfilter_queue tutorial
@ 2020-09-01 14:41 ` Florian Westphal
From: Florian Westphal @ 2020-09-01 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz W; +Cc: netfilter

Tomasz W <tomaszw104@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> can anyone, pretty please, guide me or provide me with a decent tutorial on marking packets? Documents and example files are not very helpful. I am trying to integrate netfilter_queue with my software that capture packets with libpcap and analyse those with nDPI.

netfilter_queue is only applicable if you queue/capture packets with 'nft
queue' or the iptables NFQUEUE target.  It can't be used to 'mark'
arbitrary packets coming from a different source.