* General fire status announcement
@ 2020-09-11 20:27 Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2020-09-11 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs; +Cc: Dave Chinner, Eric Sandeen, Christoph Hellwig

Hi folks,

FYI, almost the entire West Coast of the Untied States is on fire right
now[1], with major fires burning out of control 30 miles south of here.
The L3 evacuation zone (aka "GTFO NOW") is still 12 miles distant[2].
This all comes down to wind velocity.

I'm skeptical that the fires are going to burn through 30 miles of
suburb all the way to my house, but if you haven't heard anything from
me by a week from now, it will be reasonable to conclude that I've fled
somewhere.

At this point, I've distractedly pushed out 5.10 merge branches for
iomap and xfs to kernel.org.  They're missing willy's THP series, the V4
deprecation patch, and a couple of bug fixes; with any luck I'll land
those for the post-rc6 push.

SO, if something big comes up and nobody can get ahold of me, please
lean on Dave and Eric.  Though to put this in perspective, the primary
maintainer of the upstream kernel lives 6 miles away, so if I've gone,
chances are decent he's left too.

With any luck, next week will be boring AF and all of this will just be
me blathering on hysterically. :)

--D

[1] https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES17/ABI/SECTOR/pnw/GEOCOLOR/20202551956_GOES17-ABI-pnw-GEOCOLOR-2400x2400.jpg

[2] https://ccgis-mapservice.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=fe0525732f1a4f679b75a5ccf1c84b30

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-11 20:28 UTC | newest]