* can't register to linux-mm
@ 2019-05-30 14:21 Thanos Makatos
From: Thanos Makatos @ 2019-05-30 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mm

I've been trying to register to linux-mm for the past few days and it's not working, I don't receive the confirmation email from majordomo. I also tried with different email addresses (e.g. gmail) and it's still not working. I'm simply sending a plain text email (subscribe linux-mm) to majordomo@kvack.org. Am I doing something wrong?

* Re: can't register to linux-mm
@ 2020-09-15 19:51 ` Qian Cai
From: Qian Cai @ 2020-09-15 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton, Michal Hocko, hannes, riel; +Cc: Thanos Makatos, linux-mm

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 14:21 +0000, Thanos Makatos wrote:
> I've been trying to register to linux-mm for the past few days and it's not
> working, I don't receive the confirmation email from majordomo. I also tried
> with different email addresses (e.g. gmail) and it's still not working. I'm
> simply sending a plain text email (subscribe linux-mm) to majordomo@kvack.org.
> Am I doing something wrong?

Same issue here recently. It seems majordomo@kvack.org does not response to any
command at all. Does anybody know what's going on and who should be able to
resolve the issues there?

* Re: can't register to linux-mm
@ 2020-09-15 23:42   ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2020-09-15 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qian Cai
  Cc: Michal Hocko, hannes, riel, Thanos Makatos, linux-mm, Benjamin LaHaise

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:51:17 -0400 Qian Cai <cai@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 14:21 +0000, Thanos Makatos wrote:
> > I've been trying to register to linux-mm for the past few days and it's not
> > working, I don't receive the confirmation email from majordomo. I also tried
> > with different email addresses (e.g. gmail) and it's still not working. I'm
> > simply sending a plain text email (subscribe linux-mm) to majordomo@kvack.org.
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> >

> Same issue here recently. It seems majordomo@kvack.org does not response to any
> command at all. Does anybody know what's going on and who should be able to
> resolve the issues there?

Ben should be able to help?

* Re: can't register to linux-mm
@ 2020-09-16  0:55     ` Benjamin LaHaise
From: Benjamin LaHaise @ 2020-09-16  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton
  Cc: Qian Cai, Michal Hocko, hannes, riel, Thanos Makatos, linux-mm

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 04:42:28PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:51:17 -0400 Qian Cai <cai@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 14:21 +0000, Thanos Makatos wrote:
> > > I've been trying to register to linux-mm for the past few days and it's not
> > > working, I don't receive the confirmation email from majordomo. I also tried
> > > with different email addresses (e.g. gmail) and it's still not working. I'm
> > > simply sending a plain text email (subscribe linux-mm) to majordomo@kvack.org.
> > > Am I doing something wrong?
> > >

> > Same issue here recently. It seems majordomo@kvack.org does not response to any
> > command at all. Does anybody know what's going on and who should be able to
> > resolve the issues there?
>
> Ben should be able to help?

Last email from thanos.makatos@nutanix.com I can see was in May 2019.  I'm
guessing it gets spam filtered before it even hits majordomo.  I'll need a
message id and logs from the mail server that was attempted to send the
request to track it down.

		-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."

* Re: can't register to linux-mm
@ 2020-09-16  1:23       ` Qian Cai
From: Qian Cai @ 2020-09-16  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin LaHaise
  Cc: Andrew Morton, Michal Hocko, Johannes Weiner, Rik van Riel,
	Thanos Makatos, linux-mm

Can you track one of those recently? None of them received any reply
from majordomo@.

From: cai@lca.pw
<CAG=TAF6gHgFkOB4RHqkeJ5OsTBcjYvt-zDKg2V-se=FpZ1TBBg@mail.gmail.com>
<CAG=TAF7sO0etoEngqrdFfr=eAdyAEPZYagjV5zMpc7=njyCFsg@mail.gmail.com>
<CAG=TAF7WxLp6hZfhOXLabXZXx1y8YbRj+H+FXThksboBAFHbzg@mail.gmail.com>

@ 2020-09-16  1:33         ` Benjamin LaHaise
From: Benjamin LaHaise @ 2020-09-16  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qian Cai
  Cc: Andrew Morton, Michal Hocko, Johannes Weiner, Rik van Riel,
	Thanos Makatos, linux-mm

Nope, nothing matching those ids.  There are several other emails to
majordomo from gmail that came in this past week.

		-ben