* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-09-18
       [not found] ` <CAFOYHZDhc1KX5tEhobOgqpZ+P89xH=26oNXgv162iAEbU7taBg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-09-19  7:59   ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-09-19  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thomas, sorry for the spam, didn't notice that the messages weren't Cc'd to
the br list.

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, 7:11 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Autobuilder failures
> ====================
>
> Below is a list of build failures reported by the Buildroot
> autobuilders in relation to packages or CPU
> architectures you are in charge of. Please help us
> improving the quality of Buildroot by investigating
> those build failures and sending patches to fix
> them.Thanks!
>
> Results for the 'master' branch
> -------------------------------
>
> Build failures related to your packages:
>
>     arch     |             reason             |
>            url
>
> -------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/873786196e6b7975234bcb7b010d0dc00b3acbdc
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/cea4316033f81014e08d2039bd89647a23fa6dd0
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/0580ff521a9aaaed3a21b15c1ee28b66f5c2c7c9
>    xtensa    |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f87c18b7854342baea137d9b7b9a79aa5a7e4f63
>

> --
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net

The builds are failing with "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error:
unrecognized command line option '-Wfloat-conversion'". This was recently
added to the micropython Makefiles. I haven't tracked down when this was
added to gcc but it looks like whatever version is used by these configs it
doesn't recognize it.

The simple fix is to require a sufficiently new gcc version. I'll see if i
can get to it this weekend unless someone beats me to it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

@ 2020-09-19  8:01   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-09-19  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Chris,

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 19:56:58 +1200
Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com> wrote:

> The builds are failing with "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error:
> unrecognized command line option '-Wfloat-conversion'". This was recently
> added to the micropython Makefiles. I haven't tracked down when this was
> added to gcc but it looks like whatever version is used by these configs it
> doesn't recognize it.
>
> The simple fix is to require a sufficiently new gcc version. I'll see if i
> can get to it this weekend unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks for the analysis. Since -Wfloat-conversion is only a warning
option, it would not be really nice to force a newer gcc version just
because of this. It would be better if the micropython build system
could enable this warning if gcc supports it, and otherwise not enable
it.

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-09-18
@ 2020-09-19  8:07     ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-09-19  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, 8:01 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>
wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 19:56:58 +1200
> Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The builds are failing with "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error:
> > unrecognized command line option '-Wfloat-conversion'". This was recently
> > added to the micropython Makefiles. I haven't tracked down when this was
> > added to gcc but it looks like whatever version is used by these configs
> it
> > doesn't recognize it.
> >
> > The simple fix is to require a sufficiently new gcc version. I'll see if
> > can get to it this weekend unless someone beats me to it.
>
> Thanks for the analysis. Since -Wfloat-conversion is only a warning
> option, it would not be really nice to force a newer gcc version just
> because of this. It would be better if the micropython build system
> could enable this warning if gcc supports it, and otherwise not enable
> it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas
> --

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they have any
infrastructure for compiler feature detection but I'll see if I can find
someway of handling the older compilers.