* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree(Internet mail)
       [not found] <20200921104234.9C539216C4@mail.kernel.org>
@ 2020-09-21 10:54 ` lihaiwei(李海伟)
From: lihaiwei(李海伟) @ 2020-09-21 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sasha Levin, stable; +Cc: stable-commits

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>    KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
>
> to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
>    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>
> The filename of the patch is:
>     kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
> and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
>
> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.

This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.

Haiwei Li

* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree(Internet mail)
@ 2020-09-21 13:28   ` Sasha Levin
From: Sasha Levin @ 2020-09-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lihaiwei(李海伟); +Cc: stable, stable-commits

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:54:38AM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:

>> On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>>
>>    KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
>>
>> to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
>>    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>>
>> The filename of the patch is:
>>     kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
>> and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
>>
>> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
>> please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.
>>

>This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.

What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.

Sasha

* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree
@ 2020-09-21 14:14     ` lihaiwei(李海伟)
From: lihaiwei(李海伟) @ 2020-09-21 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sasha Levin; +Cc: stable, stable-commits

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 21:28, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:54:38AM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>>>
>>>   KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
>>>
>>> to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
>>>   http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>>>
>>> The filename of the patch is:
>>>    kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
>>> and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
>>>
>>> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
>>> please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.
>>>

>> This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.
>
> What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.

The patch landed upstream is the v1 version. There are some mistakes and shortcomings. The message discussed is

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/d59f05df-e6d3-3d31-a036-cc25a2b2f33f@gmail.com/

Then, a revert commit was pushed. Here,

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/

And i will re-submit. The discussed is

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/20200914091148.95654-1-lihaiwei.kernel@gmail.com/T/#m9b39ef1b24403f90cf9448f74b9df56053df64ac

Haiwei

* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree
@ 2020-09-21 14:28       ` Greg KH
       [not found]         ` <601A8297-7002-43E1-93AB-DB29F7E3BA92@tencent.com>
From: Greg KH @ 2020-09-21 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lihaiwei(李海伟); +Cc: Sasha Levin, stable, stable-commits

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 02:14:41PM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:

> >> This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.
> >
> > What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.
> >

> The patch landed upstream is the v1 version. There are some mistakes and shortcomings. The message discussed is
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/d59f05df-e6d3-3d31-a036-cc25a2b2f33f@gmail.com/
>
> Then, a revert commit was pushed. Here,
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/

What is the git commit id of the revert in Linus's tree?

thanks,

greg k-h

@ 2020-09-21 15:08           ` Haiwei Li
From: Haiwei Li @ 2020-09-21 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: Sasha Levin, stable, stable-commits

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 22:28, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 02:14:41PM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
>

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 21:28, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:54:38AM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
>

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>  KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
>
> to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
>  http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>
> The filename of the patch is:
>   kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
> and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
>
> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.
>

> This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.
>

> What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.
>

> The patch landed upstream is the v1 version. There are some mistakes and shortcomings. The message discussed is
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/d59f05df-e6d3-3d31-a036-cc25a2b2f33f@gmail.com/
>
> Then, a revert commit was pushed. Here,
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/
>

> What is the git commit id of the revert in Linus's tree?

It is not landed Linus'tree yet. Maintainers suggested a revert before
5.9 is released. Message is here:

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/

So I think it should not be added to the stable tree now.

Because of some error, I send this mail using my gmail instead of
enterprise email. I'm sorry.

Haiwei

* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree
@ 2020-09-22  0:52             ` Haiwei Li
From: Haiwei Li @ 2020-09-22  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: Sasha Levin, stable, stable-commits

On 20/9/21 23:08, Haiwei Li wrote:
>> On Sep 21, 2020, at 22:28, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 02:14:41PM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
>>

>> On Sep 21, 2020, at 21:28, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:54:38AM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
>>

>> On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>>
>>   KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
>>
>> to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
>>   http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>>
>> The filename of the patch is:
>>    kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
>> and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
>>
>> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
>> please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.
>>

>> This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.
>>

>> What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.
>>

>> The patch landed upstream is the v1 version. There are some mistakes and shortcomings. The message discussed is
>>
>> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/d59f05df-e6d3-3d31-a036-cc25a2b2f33f@gmail.com/
>>
>> Then, a revert commit was pushed. Here,
>>
>> https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/
>>

>> What is the git commit id of the revert in Linus's tree?

The revert commit was pushed. I am sorry I just saw this commit.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7d1f8691ccffe88cec70a6e4044adf1b9bbd8a7c

Haiwei

* Re: Patch "KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask" has been added to the 5.8-stable tree
@ 2020-09-22 12:12               ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-09-22 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Haiwei Li; +Cc: Sasha Levin, stable, stable-commits

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 08:52:58AM +0800, Haiwei Li wrote:

> On 20/9/21 23:08, Haiwei Li wrote:
> > > On Sep 21, 2020, at 22:28, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 02:14:41PM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
> > >

> > > On Sep 21, 2020, at 21:28, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:54:38AM +0000, lihaiwei(李海伟) wrote:
> > >

> > > On Sep 21, 2020, at 18:42, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> > >
> > >   KVM: Check the allocation of pv cpu mask
> > >
> > > to the 5.8-stable tree which can be found at:
> > >   http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
> > >
> > > The filename of the patch is:
> > >    kvm-check-the-allocation-of-pv-cpu-mask.patch
> > > and it can be found in the queue-5.8 subdirectory.
> > >
> > > If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> > > please let <stable@vger.kernel.org> know about it.
> > >

> > > This patch is not a correct version, so please don’t add this to the stable tree, thanks.
> > >

> > > What's wrong with it? That's what landed upstream.
> > >

> > > The patch landed upstream is the v1 version. There are some mistakes and shortcomings. The message discussed is
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/d59f05df-e6d3-3d31-a036-cc25a2b2f33f@gmail.com/
> > >
> > > Then, a revert commit was pushed. Here,
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/CAB5KdObJ4_0oJf+rwGXWNk6MsKm1j0dqrcGQkzQ63ek1LY=zMQ@mail.gmail.com/
> > >

> > > What is the git commit id of the revert in Linus's tree?
> > >
> The revert commit was pushed. I am sorry I just saw this commit.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7d1f8691ccffe88cec70a6e4044adf1b9bbd8a7c

Thanks for this, I've dropped it from the 5.8.y queue now.

greg k-h