* Consider updating www.ideasonboard.org
@ 2020-09-21 10:05 Olivier Cailloux
From: Olivier Cailloux @ 2020-09-21 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

A lot of search engine queries send users to www.ideasonboard.org (for
example, https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=linux+uvc).

AFAIU, information there is mostly oudated. In particular, it indicates
that “Support requests are handled through the Linux UVC development
mailing list [linux-uvc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net]”, whereas it seems
to me that related development now happens at the linux-media mailing
list. It is not easy to realize this and visitors might be misled by
this oudated information. (I have taken quite some time to realize this
myself and I am still unsure of my conclusions.)

Could anyone confirm that linux-media is indeed the recommended list
for problems related to the uvcvideo driver? If so, does anyone have a
possibility of updating the website at ideasonboard.org, if only to
warn the visitors that its information is outdated?

Thanks for your consideration.
--
Olivier

* Re: Consider updating www.ideasonboard.org
@ 2020-09-22 13:19 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2020-09-22 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Cailloux; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Olivier,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:05:24PM +0200, Olivier Cailloux wrote:
> A lot of search engine queries send users to www.ideasonboard.org (for
> example, https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=linux+uvc).
>
> AFAIU, information there is mostly oudated. In particular, it indicates
> that “Support requests are handled through the Linux UVC development
> mailing list [linux-uvc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net]”, whereas it seems
> to me that related development now happens at the linux-media mailing
> list. It is not easy to realize this and visitors might be misled by
> this oudated information. (I have taken quite some time to realize this
> myself and I am still unsure of my conclusions.)
>
> Could anyone confirm that linux-media is indeed the recommended list
> for problems related to the uvcvideo driver? If so, does anyone have a
> possibility of updating the website at ideasonboard.org, if only to
> warn the visitors that its information is outdated?
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

And think you for the report. I had forgotten about this. I've now
updated the website to point to the linux-media mailing list.

Laurent Pinchart