* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-10-18
       [not found] <5f8d3b76.1c69fb81.a6c23.a6eeSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING@mx.google.com>
@ 2020-10-20  6:46 ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-10-20  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 8:08 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Packages with CVEs
> ==================
>
> This is the list of packages for which a known CVE is affecting
> them, which means a security vulnerability exists for
> those packages.
>
>              name              |       CVE        |
>      link
>
> -------------------------------+------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
>                      syslog-ng | CVE-2008-5110    |
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2008-5110

I think this is a false positive that's a pretty old CVE.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-10-18
@ 2020-10-20 11:44   ` Matthew Weber
From: Matthew Weber @ 2020-10-20 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Chris,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 1:50 AM Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 8:08 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Packages with CVEs
>> ==================
>>
>> This is the list of packages for which a known CVE is affecting
>> them, which means a security vulnerability exists for
>> those packages.
>>
>>              name              |       CVE        |                             link
>> -------------------------------+------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
>>                      syslog-ng | CVE-2008-5110    | https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2008-5110
>

> I think this is a false positive that's a pretty old CVE.

Would you mind checking NVD
(https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2008-5110) and making sure it
has been correctly allocated to the correct range of versions?  If it
doesn't look correct, I've captured some notes on how to update the
entry.
https://elinux.org/Buildroot:Security_Vulnerability_Management

Best Regards,
Matt

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-10-18
@ 2020-10-21  7:00     ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-10-21  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, 12:45 AM Matthew Weber, <matthew.weber@collins.com>
wrote:

> Chris,
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 1:50 AM Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 8:08 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <
> thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Packages with CVEs
> >> ==================
> >>
> >> This is the list of packages for which a known CVE is affecting
> >> them, which means a security vulnerability exists for
> >> those packages.
> >>
> >>              name              |       CVE        |
>          link
> >>
> -------------------------------+------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
> >>                      syslog-ng | CVE-2008-5110    |
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2008-5110
> >

> > I think this is a false positive that's a pretty old CVE.
>
> Would you mind checking NVD
> (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2008-5110) and making sure it
> has been correctly allocated to the correct range of versions?  If it
> doesn't look correct, I've captured some notes on how to update the
> entry.
> https://elinux.org/Buildroot:Security_Vulnerability_Management
>

> Best Regards,
> Matt

The NVD entry looks weird it doesn't list any version range. The debian bug
report says the affected version is 2.0.9 bulidroot is using version
3.29.1. I think the NVD entry is just matching any syslog-ng version. We
should probably just add an ignore entry for it.

@ 2020-10-21  7:36       ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-10-21  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:00:53 +1300
Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Would you mind checking NVD
> > (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2008-5110) and making sure it
> > has been correctly allocated to the correct range of versions?  If it
> > doesn't look correct, I've captured some notes on how to update the
> > entry.
> > https://elinux.org/Buildroot:Security_Vulnerability_Management
>
> The NVD entry looks weird it doesn't list any version range. The debian bug
> report says the affected version is 2.0.9 bulidroot is using version
> 3.29.1. I think the NVD entry is just matching any syslog-ng version. We
> should probably just add an ignore entry for it.

No, what we've been trying to do is to get the NVD database entries
fixed instead of papering over the problem. The link given by Matt
provides some details on how to report such issues to the NVD
maintainers. We have already managed to get them to fix other CVE
entries.

Thanks!

Thomas
--