* Re-syncing U-Boot DTS with the kernel again
@ 2020-10-23 16:05 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-10-23 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

As part of moving us up again to a recent dtc snapshot (and get in sync
with the Linux kernel and get some useful bugfixes), a bunch of new dtc
warnings are showing up in our tree.  These have all been fixed in
upstream Linux I do believe, so it's a matter of doing a full or partial
resync again with Linux to resolve these.  The warnings are about
spi_bus_bridge or spi_bus_reg.  The full build logs can be seen over at:
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168091
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168092
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168093
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168094

I've put a WIP/resync-dtc-v1.6.0-31-gcbca977ea121-v4 bring up and I'll
try and not rebase that yet again now that I'm posting it, but it's not
intended to merge as-is.  I really don't want to go back to the point
where we have tons of warnings being generated over device trees again,
so we need to have a plan to fix these.  Thanks!

--
Tom
* Re-syncing U-Boot DTS with the kernel again
@ 2020-11-06  8:17 ` Patrice CHOTARD
From: Patrice CHOTARD @ 2020-11-06  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom

I have submitted a series which update device tree for STM32 MCU's boards:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=212597

All STM32 DT warnings should be fixed.

Thanks

Patrice

@ 2020-11-11 11:07 ` Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com
From: Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com @ 2020-11-11 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 23.10.2020 19:05, Tom Rini wrote:

Hello Tom,

The at91/atmel related devicetrees should be fixed now in 2021.01-rc2.

Do you plan to update the DTC for 2021.01 final or for a future release ?

Thanks,
Eugen

* Re-syncing U-Boot DTS with the kernel again
@ 2020-11-11 14:50   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-11-11 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 11:07:11AM +0000, Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com wrote:
> On 23.10.2020 19:05, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> The at91/atmel related devicetrees should be fixed now in 2021.01-rc2.
>
> Do you plan to update the DTC for 2021.01 final or for a future release ?

I think the safest plan is to take the patch that fixes gcc-10 warnings
now (and only has minor actual code changes) and resync dtc again post
v2021.01.  I'm quite happy to see the dts resyncs that have happened,
but there's a few more that need to happen before we can move to a newer
version, without disabling warnings at least.  And I think I need to dig
out / post the sandbox ones.

--
Tom