* Does QEMU's coverity-scan run need to track coverity issues in dtb or slirp ?
@ 2020-11-02 19:54 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2020-11-02 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers; +Cc: Samuel Thibault, David Gibson

Currently QEMU's Coverity-Scan project has a bunch of unresolved
issues in code in dtc/ and also in slirp/. (I suspect most of them
are actually false-positives that got re-reported when we switched
to Meson and the filenames changed, or some similar event.)

Do dtc and slirp as upstream projects already track Coverity issues
(in which case we can just close the issues in the QEMU tracker as
irrelevant, or do we need to investigate these and potentially
forward them into whatever upstream bug tracker is appropriate?

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: Does QEMU's coverity-scan run need to track coverity issues in dtb or slirp ?
@ 2020-11-02 20:37 ` Samuel Thibault
From: Samuel Thibault @ 2020-11-02 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: marcandre.lureau, QEMU Developers, David Gibson

Hello,

Peter Maydell, le lun. 02 nov. 2020 19:54:14 +0000, a ecrit:
> Do dtc and slirp as upstream projects already track Coverity issues

We started tracking them yes.

Samuel

* Re: Does QEMU's coverity-scan run need to track coverity issues in dtb or slirp ?
@ 2020-11-02 22:23   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2020-11-02 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Thibault; +Cc: Marc-André Lureau, QEMU Developers, David Gibson

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 at 20:37, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Peter Maydell, le lun. 02 nov. 2020 19:54:14 +0000, a ecrit:
> > Do dtc and slirp as upstream projects already track Coverity issues
>
> We started tracking them yes.

OK, so I can just dismiss anything that comes up in slirp/ in QEMU's
scan; that will help to cut down on the recent buildup.

@ 2020-11-03  1:41 ` David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2020-11-03  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: Samuel Thibault, QEMU Developers