* About material on old xfs wiki
@ 2020-11-06  8:14 liang bai
From: liang bai @ 2020-11-06  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi,
I am doing some research about how SSD can better cooperate with XFS.
So I need to know much about the design of the XFS.
I find some material in new xfs wiki, but I would like to know more
about internal design and details in old xfs wiki. It's a pity that
the old one
can not work now. I'd like to know if the web will recover and if
there is a way to get the material.

Best Regards
Taylor

* Re: About material on old xfs wiki
@ 2020-11-06  8:32 ` Martin Steigerwald
From: Martin Steigerwald @ 2020-11-06  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs; +Cc: liang bai

Hi.

liang bai - 06.11.20, 09:14:05 CET:
> I am doing some research about how SSD can better cooperate with XFS.
> So I need to know much about the design of the XFS.
> I find some material in new xfs wiki, but I would like to know more
> about internal design and details in old xfs wiki. It's a pity that
> the old one
> can not work now. I'd like to know if the web will recover and if
> there is a way to get the material.

Internet Archive Wayback machine to the rescue:

Try this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200518215919/https://xfs.org/index.php/
Main_Page

Martin

* Re: About material on old xfs wiki
@ 2020-11-06 21:32 ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2020-11-06 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liang bai; +Cc: linux-xfs

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 04:14:05PM +0800, liang bai wrote:
> Hi,
> I am doing some research about how SSD can better cooperate with XFS.
> So I need to know much about the design of the XFS.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-documentation.git/

Though your best resource is going to be asking questions on this
list.

I'd be interested to know what sort of SSD optimisations you are
thinking of, because largely SSD optimisations are similar to the
layout optimisations that we do for RAID (alignment, cross-file
packing, locality groupings, etc) and as such we don't actually have
any specific SSD-only optimisations in XFS at all.

Most of this knowledge isn't documented anywhere, so the only way
you will understand what we already know works and doesn't work is
to discuss the topic directly here on this list...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner