* [Buildroot] [ISSUE] webkitgtk/webkitgtk.mk
@ 2020-11-08 21:07 C Larbi
From: C Larbi @ 2020-11-08 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Compiling webkitgtk for a raspberrypi4 target using busybox as init throws
a "requires systemd" error at configuration stage

was solved adding command to configuration options in webkitgtk.mk:

WEBKITGTK_DEPENDENCIES = host-ruby host-python host-gperf \
	enchant harfbuzz icu jpeg libgcrypt libgtk3 libsecret libsoup \
	libtasn1 libxml2 libxslt openjpeg sqlite webp woff2
WEBKITGTK_CONF_OPTS = \
	-DENABLE_API_TESTS=OFF \
	-DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=OFF \
	-DENABLE_GTKDOC=OFF \
	-DENABLE_INTROSPECTION=OFF \
	-DENABLE_MINIBROWSER=ON \
	-DENABLE_SPELLCHECK=ON \
	-DPORT=GTK \
+       *-DUSE_SYSTEMD=OFF \*
	-DSILENCE_CROSS_COMPILATION_NOTICES=ON \
	-DUSE_LIBNOTIFY=OFF \
	-DUSE_LIBHYPHEN=OFF \
	-DUSE_OPENJPEG=ON \
	-DUSE_WOFF2=ON \
	-DUSE_WPE_RENDERER=OFF

regards
Cerezo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] [ISSUE] webkitgtk/webkitgtk.mk
@ 2020-11-09 23:18 ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2020-11-09 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Cerezo,

On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 21:07:57 +0000, C Larbi <pkl2000us@gmail.com> wrote:

> Compiling webkitgtk for a raspberrypi4 target using busybox as init throws
> a "requires systemd" error at configuration stage
>
> was solved adding command to configuration options in webkitgtk.mk:
>
> WEBKITGTK_DEPENDENCIES = host-ruby host-python host-gperf \
> 	enchant harfbuzz icu jpeg libgcrypt libgtk3 libsecret libsoup \
> 	libtasn1 libxml2 libxslt openjpeg sqlite webp woff2
> WEBKITGTK_CONF_OPTS = \
> 	-DENABLE_API_TESTS=OFF \
> 	-DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=OFF \
> 	-DENABLE_GTKDOC=OFF \
> 	-DENABLE_INTROSPECTION=OFF \
> 	-DENABLE_MINIBROWSER=ON \
> 	-DENABLE_SPELLCHECK=ON \
> 	-DPORT=GTK \
> +       *-DUSE_SYSTEMD=OFF \*
> 	-DSILENCE_CROSS_COMPILATION_NOTICES=ON \
> 	-DUSE_LIBNOTIFY=OFF \
> 	-DUSE_LIBHYPHEN=OFF \
> 	-DUSE_OPENJPEG=ON \
> 	-DUSE_WOFF2=ON \
> 	-DUSE_WPE_RENDERER=OFF

Thanks for the bug report and the suggested fix, feel free
to test the suggested patches [1] and [2]...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201109231356.32230-1-ps.report at gmx.net/
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201109231356.32230-2-ps.report at gmx.net/

@ 2020-11-10  9:47   ` Adrian Perez de Castro
From: Adrian Perez de Castro @ 2020-11-10  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 00:18:00 +0100 Peter Seiderer <ps.report@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Cerezo,
>
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 21:07:57 +0000, C Larbi <pkl2000us@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Compiling webkitgtk for a raspberrypi4 target using busybox as init throws
> > a "requires systemd" error at configuration stage
> >
> > was solved adding command to configuration options in webkitgtk.mk:
> >
> > WEBKITGTK_DEPENDENCIES = host-ruby host-python host-gperf \
> > 	enchant harfbuzz icu jpeg libgcrypt libgtk3 libsecret libsoup \
> > 	libtasn1 libxml2 libxslt openjpeg sqlite webp woff2
> > WEBKITGTK_CONF_OPTS = \
> > 	-DENABLE_API_TESTS=OFF \
> > 	-DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=OFF \
> > 	-DENABLE_GTKDOC=OFF \
> > 	-DENABLE_INTROSPECTION=OFF \
> > 	-DENABLE_MINIBROWSER=ON \
> > 	-DENABLE_SPELLCHECK=ON \
> > 	-DPORT=GTK \
> > +       *-DUSE_SYSTEMD=OFF \*
> > 	-DSILENCE_CROSS_COMPILATION_NOTICES=ON \
> > 	-DUSE_LIBNOTIFY=OFF \
> > 	-DUSE_LIBHYPHEN=OFF \
> > 	-DUSE_OPENJPEG=ON \
> > 	-DUSE_WOFF2=ON \
> > 	-DUSE_WPE_RENDERER=OFF
> >

> Thanks for the bug report and the suggested fix, feel free
> to test the suggested patches [1] and [2]...
>
> Regards,
> Peter
>
> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201109231356.32230-1-ps.report at gmx.net/
> [2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201109231356.32230-2-ps.report at gmx.net/

Patches LGTM, thanks for submitting those! I have also made a version of the
USE_SYSTEMD one for WPE WebKit:

  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201110090204.1581432-1-aperez at igalia.com/

Cheers,
?Adri?n