* [SPDK] Change path of file lock in spdk_pci_device_claim
@ 2020-11-11  8:41 swf504
From: swf504 @ 2020-11-11  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi SPDK team,
    I notice that the posix lock file locate in '/tmp' directory which no safe in running linux system,
user maybe delete files in /tmp directory or remout the tmpfs, and that cause the posix lock inactive.
This is a serious fatal because the application can't detect the file change, After a new application start and
the spdk_pci_device_claim function still return true, that means multi application maybe probe same controller,
Unexpect behavior or controller init hung maybe happen during controller colliding.

Is there special reason the need locate in '/tmp', if not, I suggest locate in '/var/run' directory.
Need your comment!

Br,
Weifeng Su

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-11  8:41 UTC | newest]