From: Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com>
To: Willy Tu <wltu@google.com>
Cc: vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com, openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org,
	apparao.puli@linux.intel.com, vijaykhemka@fb.com,
	chunhui.jia@linux.intel.com
Subject: Re: Intel-ipmi-oem repo
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:39:09 -0600	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 06:54:14PM -0800, Willy Tu wrote:
>> Team,
>> Intel-ipmi-oem should be broken and 2 parts, genric and oem specific. I
>see several functionality in this repo like sensors and storage commands
>are generic enough to be used by other platform who is using entity
>manager. So I feel that we should have these functionalities to be moved to
>a separate common repo which can be used by everyone and this repo can only
>contain Intel OEM specific IPMI command support.
>>
>> My 2 cents 😊
>
>Hi All,
>
>I guess I'll start working on this if no one has any objection to it.

Awesome!

>As mentioned in the beginning of the thread. The plan is to break down the
>intel-ipmi-oem repo into two parts.
>- True OEM at Intel
>- Dynamic Sensor stacks (new repo)

Why is dynamic sensor stacks a new repo?  I would like to see this done
in the existing ipmid repo.  If the default implementations there today
are undesired, I'd be fine with seeing those moved to the
openpower-ipmi-oem repository.

FWIW I would like to make use of dynamic SDR on my new systems (I work
for IBM) but I still have to maintain support for Witherspoon, which
relies on the old fixed & hardcoded sensor identifiers.

-brad