* [Buildroot] Books and/or courses for beginners - ARM devices
@ 2021-02-02 15:25 Mauricio Litinow
From: Mauricio Litinow @ 2021-02-02 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi folks,

It has been difficult for me to absorb the nedded knowledge to compile
and build Buildroot for ARM devices.

I have never done anything like this before.

Please, is the book "Mastering Embedded Linux-2nd-Ed" a good starting
point? Is there book more up to date?

Are there any online courses explaining details about this process?

Yours sincerely,

Mauricio

* [Buildroot] Books and/or courses for beginners - ARM devices
@ 2021-02-02 19:56 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2021-02-02 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Mauricio,

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 15:25:43 +0000
Mauricio Litinow <mauricio.penteado@litinow.com> wrote:

> It has been difficult for me to absorb the nedded knowledge to compile
> and build Buildroot for ARM devices.
>
> I have never done anything like this before.
>
> Please, is the book "Mastering Embedded Linux-2nd-Ed" a good starting
> point? Is there book more up to date?
>
> Are there any online courses explaining details about this process?

This is perhaps some shameless advertising, but:

 - https://bootlin.com/training/embedded-linux/
 - https://bootlin.com/training/buildroot/

Training materials are all freely available, and I think our Buildroot
slides are a pretty solid documentation of how to use Buildroot, create
new packages, etc.

Best regards,

Thomas
--