* U-Boot CI error, unable to reproduce locally
@ 2021-03-07  1:27 Marek Behun
From: Marek Behun @ 2021-03-07  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Tom,

I seem to run into an error on Azure's CI for U-Boot that I cannot
reproduce locally.

It concerns my LTO work https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/pull/57

The test
  u-boot.u-boot (test.py xilinx_zynq_virt)
is failing with this log
https://dev.azure.com/u-boot/a1096300-2999-4ec4-a21a-4c22075e3771/_apis/build/builds/1936/logs/283

The error seems to be
  make[3]: *** read jobs pipe: No such file or directory.  Stop.
  lto-wrapper: fatal error: make returned 2 exit status
as if make's jobserver died, or something.

But when I build with buildman on my local machine, everything is OK.

How should I proceed?

Marek

* U-Boot CI error, unable to reproduce locally
@ 2021-03-07  2:11 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-03-07  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 02:27:33AM +0100, Marek Behun wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> I seem to run into an error on Azure's CI for U-Boot that I cannot
> reproduce locally.
>
> It concerns my LTO work https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/pull/57
>
> The test
>   u-boot.u-boot (test.py xilinx_zynq_virt)
> is failing with this log
> https://dev.azure.com/u-boot/a1096300-2999-4ec4-a21a-4c22075e3771/_apis/build/builds/1936/logs/283
>
> The error seems to be
>   make[3]: *** read jobs pipe: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>   lto-wrapper: fatal error: make returned 2 exit status
> as if make's jobserver died, or something.
>
> But when I build with buildman on my local machine, everything is OK.

Seems like there's still some build races on fast machines?

--
Tom
* U-Boot CI error, unable to reproduce locally
@ 2021-03-07  2:25   ` Marek Behun
From: Marek Behun @ 2021-03-07  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 21:11:34 -0500
Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 02:27:33AM +0100, Marek Behun wrote:
>
> > Hello Tom,
> >
> > I seem to run into an error on Azure's CI for U-Boot that I cannot
> > reproduce locally.
> >
> > It concerns my LTO work https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/pull/57
> >
> > The test
> >   u-boot.u-boot (test.py xilinx_zynq_virt)
> > is failing with this log
> > https://dev.azure.com/u-boot/a1096300-2999-4ec4-a21a-4c22075e3771/_apis/build/builds/1936/logs/283
> >
> > The error seems to be
> >   make[3]: *** read jobs pipe: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> >   lto-wrapper: fatal error: make returned 2 exit status
> > as if make's jobserver died, or something.
> >
> > But when I build with buildman on my local machine, everything is OK.
>
> Seems like there's still some build races on fast machines?

Can this happen even if only 2 jobs are used? According to that log -j2
was used.