* memory requirements for a 400TB fs with reflinks
@ 2021-03-20 18:01 Ralf Groß
From: Ralf Groß @ 2021-03-20 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi,

I plan to deploy a couple of Linux (RHEL 8.x) server as Veeam backup
repositories. Base for this might be high density server with 58 x
16TB disks, 2x  RAID 60, each with its own raid controller and 28
disks. So each RAID 6 has 14 disks, + 2 globale spare.

I wonder what memory requirement such a server would have, is there
any special requirement regarding reflinks? I remember that xfs_repair
has been a problem in the past, but my experience with this is from 10
years ago. Currently I plan to use 192GB RAM, this would be perfect as
it utilizes 6 memory channels and 16GB DIMMs are not so expensive.

Thanks - Ralf