From: Marco Gaiarin <gaio@sv.lnf.it>
To: lartc@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Buferbloat, ethernet hardware parameters and LACP bonds...
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 17:46:21 +0000	[thread overview]

Mandi! Grant Taylor
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > It is not possible to set hardware parameters in bond and/or in bond
> > members?!
> I don't know.
> Try running the appropriate commands against the interfaces and bypass
> system initialization scripts.  --  My gut tells me that the system
> initialization scripts don't apply things properly (or at all) when it's a
> bond.

I come back on this, after i've had the time to setup a test system.

Doing some test lead me to an answer, and you are right.

Reading debian /usr/share/doc/ifenslave/README.Debian.gz:

	Using ifup on a master interface will call ifup for all slaves that are
	flagged with allow-bondX. (bondX being replaced by the master interface
	name). This will allow for extra setup for special slave interfaces.

so effectively it is not sufficient to setup the bond in
/etc/network/interfaces with the list of enslaved interfaces, but you
have to add to enslaved interfaces stanza the 'allow-bondX' keyword,
so they are effectively run.

Sorry. And thanks.