* FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: NFS server question
       [not found] ` <E168219A-8120-4154-80E7-DC03F70D69D1@oracle.com>
@ 2021-07-02 15:11   ` Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC]
From: Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] @ 2021-07-02 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

Hi,

Is there a limit on the number of exports for an NFS server? Thanks.

Jeff Becker

On 7/2/21, 7:21 AM, "Chuck Lever III" <chuck.lever@oracle.com> wrote:

    Hi Jeff-

    > On Jul 1, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] <jeffrey.c.becker@nasa.gov> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Chuck,
    >
    > I have an NFS server that currently has about 20 directories it’s exporting over NFSv4. I was wondering what the maximum number of exports is. Thanks.

    I'm not aware of any intrinsic limit on the number of exports.
    There is probably a per-export resource cost that acts as a
    practical limit.

    Might be a good idea to ask on linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org.

    --
    Chuck Lever

* Re: FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: NFS server question
@ 2021-07-07 14:13     ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2021-07-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC]; +Cc: linux-nfs

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 03:11:11PM +0000, Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
> Is there a limit on the number of exports for an NFS server? Thanks.

I don't have a better answer than Chuck's.

I can't think of any hard-coded limits, it's just a matter of resources.

You could try giving more specifics about your plan and see if anyone
has experience with a similar setup.

--b.