* [GIT PULL] Fsnotify changes for v5.15-rc1
@ 2021-08-25 12:45 Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2021-08-25 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

  Hello Linus,

  my vacation collides with the merge window which I expect to open next
week so I'm sending pull requests for the merge window early. Could you please
pull from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs.git fsnotify_for_v5.15-rc1

to get fsnotify speedups when notification actually isn't used and support
for identifying processes which caused fanotify events through pidfd
instead of normal pid.

Top of the tree is e43de7f0862b. The full shortlog is:

Amir Goldstein (4):
      fsnotify: replace igrab() with ihold() on attach connector
      fsnotify: count s_fsnotify_inode_refs for attached connectors
      fsnotify: count all objects with attached connectors
      fsnotify: optimize the case of no marks of any type

Matthew Bobrowski (5):
      kernel/pid.c: remove static qualifier from pidfd_create()
      kernel/pid.c: implement additional checks upon pidfd_create() parameters
      fanotify: minor cosmetic adjustments to fid labels
      fanotify: introduce a generic info record copying helper
      fanotify: add pidfd support to the fanotify API

The diffstat is

 fs/notify/fanotify/fanotify_user.c | 251 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 fs/notify/fsnotify.c               |   6 +-
 fs/notify/fsnotify.h               |  15 +++
 fs/notify/mark.c                   |  52 ++++++--
 include/linux/fanotify.h           |   3 +
 include/linux/fs.h                 |   7 +-
 include/linux/fsnotify.h           |   9 ++
 include/linux/pid.h                |   1 +
 include/uapi/linux/fanotify.h      |  13 ++
 kernel/pid.c                       |  15 ++-

							Thanks
								Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.com>
SUSE Labs, CR

* Re: [GIT PULL] Fsnotify changes for v5.15-rc1
@ 2021-08-30 17:20 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-08-30 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kara; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-fsdevel

The pull request you sent on Wed, 25 Aug 2021 14:45:15 +0200:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs.git fsnotify_for_v5.15-rc1

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/3513431926f9bfe3f4fcb06a39d9ec59b0470311

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html

* Re: [GIT PULL] Fsnotify changes for v5.15-rc1
@ 2021-09-10  6:57 ` Amir Goldstein
From: Amir Goldstein @ 2021-09-10  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-fsdevel, Jan Kara

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 3:47 PM Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz> wrote:

>   Hello Linus,
>
>   my vacation collides with the merge window which I expect to open next
> week so I'm sending pull requests for the merge window early. Could you please
> pull from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs.git fsnotify_for_v5.15-rc1
>
> to get fsnotify speedups when notification actually isn't used and support
> for identifying processes which caused fanotify events through pidfd
> instead of normal pid.
>
> Top of the tree is e43de7f0862b. The full shortlog is:
>
> Amir Goldstein (4):
>       fsnotify: replace igrab() with ihold() on attach connector
>       fsnotify: count s_fsnotify_inode_refs for attached connectors
>       fsnotify: count all objects with attached connectors
>       fsnotify: optimize the case of no marks of any type

Linus,

At the risk of being too nagging, please see my patch [1] to fix a
regression [2]
reported after this pull request was merged.

Thanks,
Amir.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/20210909115634.1015564-1-amir73il@gmail.com/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/20210907063338.ycaw6wvhzrfsfdlp@xzhoux.usersys.redhat.com/

* Re: [GIT PULL] Fsnotify changes for v5.15-rc1
@ 2021-09-10 16:56   ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2021-09-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Goldstein; +Cc: linux-fsdevel, Jan Kara

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 11:57 PM Amir Goldstein <amir73il@gmail.com> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> At the risk of being too nagging, please see my patch [1] to fix a
> regression [2] reported after this pull request was merged.

Not too nagging at all, pinging me is absolutely the right thing to do.

During the merge window I end up dealing with a lot of email, and
concentrating on pull requests, and reminding me and making sure I'm
aware of the patch was the right thing to do.

Applied in my tree now.

Thanks,
            Linus