* Problem cloning git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git
@ 2021-09-02 17:26 Belanger, Martin
From: Belanger, Martin @ 2021-09-02 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nvme

I've been cloning git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git on different systems without any problems. However, there is one system where "git clone git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git" doesn't work. It simply times out. I suspect a protocol issue because I'm able to clone other repos using the https protocol (e.g. git clone https://github.com/torvalds/linux.git).

I have two questions:
1) Any suggestions as to what might be the issue?
2) Is it possible to clone git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git using the https protocol? What's the URL?

Thanks,
Martin

Internal Use - Confidential

* Re: Problem cloning git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git
@ 2021-09-02 17:35 ` Keith Busch
From: Keith Busch @ 2021-09-02 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Belanger, Martin; +Cc: linux-nvme

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 05:26:47PM +0000, Belanger, Martin wrote:
> I've been cloning git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git on different systems without any problems. However, there is one system where "git clone git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git" doesn't work. It simply times out. I suspect a protocol issue because I'm able to clone other repos using the https protocol (e.g. git clone https://github.com/torvalds/linux.git).
>
> I have two questions:
> 1) Any suggestions as to what might be the issue?

If cloning is successful from other systems using the 'git://' url,
that probably means you need to configure GIT_PROXY_COMMAND for the one
that isn't successful (I do not have a readily available example to
share).

> 2) Is it possible to clone git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git using the https protocol? What's the URL?

https cloning is not provided on infradead.

> Internal Use - Confidential

You really should remove this footer from public mailing list posts.