* hdajackretask doesn't check for script's exit code
       [not found] <1630912346745320082-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-09-06  7:12 ` GitHub issues - opened
From: GitHub issues - opened @ 2021-09-06  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-tools issue #8 was opened from kroq-gar78:

`hdajackretask` creates a script in `/tmp` before executing it. When `/tmp` is mounted with `noexec`, running that script will fail, but the GUI gives no indication that it failed.

The GUI should check for the exit code of the script, and notify the user appropriately if the script failed to execute.

Also, if this isn't the appropriate place to report a bug, please let me know!

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-tools/issues/8
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-tools

* hdajackretask doesn't check for script's exit code
       [not found] <1630912631652252913-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-09-06  7:17 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2021-09-06  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-tools issue #8 was edited from kroq-gar78:

`hdajackretask` creates a script in `/tmp` before executing it. When `/tmp` is mounted with `noexec`, running that script will fail, but the GUI gives no indication that it failed.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5, with `alsa-tools-gui` package version `1.1.3-1`.

       [not found] <1630912623498121023-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-09-06  7:17 ` GitHub issues - edited