* grokmirror sleeps 5s in some places
@ 2021-10-13 11:03 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2021-10-13 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools

I'm on grokmirror.git commit ceb53836b59c9464
(Don't force url to contain hostname, 2021-08-27)
and I see some multiple 5s delays from grok-pull.

It's probably not a big deal for normal users, but it's also
part of the public-inbox test suite, and the test which tests
against grok-pull can end up taking longer than all the other
tests combined.

I don't know Python well, but some sort of pipe/socket
notification could be used to avoid busy waiting.

If keeping busy waits is far easier, I've found ~100ms delays
acceptable for keeping overall CPU usage down (at least from
other scripting languages; Python can't be that much slower).

Anyways, I'm disabling the test by default, now; so not
a high priority.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-13 11:10 UTC | newest]