* [SPDK] Re: NVMe devices with CMB
@ 2021-11-04 22:39 Kit Chow
From: Kit Chow @ 2021-11-04 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Benjamin,

I found the following qemu nvme blog - http://blog.frankenmichl.de/2018/02/13/add-nvme-device-to-vm/

Following the instructions, I get the NVMe device listed below with a bar4 size of 4K. Is this the CMB and is it large enough for small p2p copies?

Thanks
Kit

----

00:03.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Intel Corporation QEMU NVM Express Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
        Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. QEMU Virtual Machine
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 23
        NUMA node: 0
        Region 0: Memory at fc070000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Region 4: Memory at fc073000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [40] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=64 Masked-
                Vector table: BAR=4 offset=00000000
                PBA: BAR=4 offset=00000800
        Capabilities: [80] Express (v2) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
                        ExtTag- RBE+
                DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
                        RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme

* [SPDK] Re: NVMe devices with CMB
@ 2021-11-08  8:29 Klaus Jensen
From: Klaus Jensen @ 2021-11-08  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Nov  4 22:39, Kit Chow wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> I found the following qemu nvme blog - http://blog.frankenmichl.de/2018/02/13/add-nvme-device-to-vm/
>
> Following the instructions, I get the NVMe device listed below with a bar4 size of 4K. Is this the CMB and is it large enough for small p2p copies?

Hi Kit,

You need to specifically enable the CMB with the `cmb_size_mb`
parameters (argument in MBs).

  -device "nvme,id=nvme0,serial=deadbeef,cmb_size_mb=64"

Looks like you are using a pretty old version of QEMU. In current
versions the CMB is exclusively using BAR 4 - I think what you are
seeing is an older version where the MSI-X tables were in BAR4.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [SPDK] Re: NVMe devices with CMB
@ 2021-11-04 16:09 Walker, Benjamin
From: Walker, Benjamin @ 2021-11-04 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)