* [Buildroot] Adding support to a variant of an already supported MCU
@ 2021-11-11 14:39 Anton Kornilevsky
From: Anton Kornilevsky @ 2021-11-11 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I have been tasked with rebuilding a linux kernal for a board that is using the AT91SAM9261 MCU.

The buildroot support for this MCU has been dropped sometimes back in 2015, and I was unable to rebuild the kernal using the last supported version of buildroot, due to an error related to the integrity of the zipfile containing the sam-ba utility. I seems like the older sam-ba utility versions are no longer to be found on microchips servers.

How would one go about adding support to a variant of an MCU that is already supported by Buildroot? Is this even possible?

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Best regards
Anton Kornilevsky

* Re: [Buildroot] Adding support to a variant of an already supported MCU
@ 2021-11-11 17:08 ` Alexander Dahl
From: Alexander Dahl @ 2021-11-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Kornilevsky; +Cc: buildroot