* Two announcements
@ 2021-11-18 20:57 Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2021-11-18 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated
testing of the upstream kernel and rdma-core packages (as well as
dependent packages, like libfabric or openmpi) would be to the
community.  And although people thought it was a good idea, no one
stepped forward to undertake the task.  So, the OpenFabrics Alliance,
and by extension myself as one of the working group chairs for the
FSDP Working Group, did.  Many of you probably saw the announcement
this week that the FSDP has reached phase I complete.  That basically
means that the beaker cluster is up and running and the test harness
is functional.  The next step, phase II, is to add a CI infrastructure
into the cluster while also building out the testing repository, and
then enabling that CI infrastructure on the upstream kernel repo as
well as any interested user space repos.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, while I've been off doing these
things, Jason has carried the burden of RDMA kernel maintenance on his
own.  Since adding the CI infrastructure and getting the initial tests
added to the cluster will not likely provide me any more free time
than I have had recently, the second announcement is that I'm going to
remove my name from the list of upstream kernel maintainers on the
RDMA stack and the rdma-core user space package.  I suspect Jason will
likely work to enlist some help to the upstream role, but I'll let him
elaborate on that.  I'm currently at SC21 and will send a patch to the
MAINTAINERS file when I get back and have access to my kernel repo.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD

* Re: Two announcements
@ 2021-11-19 18:11 ` Jason Gunthorpe
From: Jason Gunthorpe @ 2021-11-19 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:57:09PM -0600, Doug Ledford wrote:
> As I'm sure many of you have noticed, while I've been off doing these
> things, Jason has carried the burden of RDMA kernel maintenance on his
> own.  Since adding the CI infrastructure and getting the initial tests
> added to the cluster will not likely provide me any more free time
> than I have had recently, the second announcement is that I'm going to
> remove my name from the list of upstream kernel maintainers on the
> RDMA stack and the rdma-core user space package.

Thanks Doug for all you've done and I hope the FSDP project will be a
success!

Jason

* Re: Two announcements
@ 2021-11-21  8:56 ` Leon Romanovsky
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2021-11-21  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:57:09PM -0600, Doug Ledford wrote:
> First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated

<...>

Thank you Doug for your dedicated work all these years.

@ 2021-11-22 16:03   ` Haakon Bugge
From: Haakon Bugge @ 2021-11-22 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 21 Nov 2021, at 09:56, Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:57:09PM -0600, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated
>
> <...>
>
> Thank you Doug for your dedicated work all these years.

+1

Thxs, Håkon

@ 2021-11-23  9:34   ` Jack Wang
From: Jack Wang @ 2021-11-23  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org> 于2021年11月21日周日 上午10:28写道:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:57:09PM -0600, Doug Ledford wrote:
> > First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated
>
> <...>
>
> Thank you Doug for your dedicated work all these years.
+1

Thanks!

@ 2021-11-23 14:42     ` Devesh Sharma
From: Devesh Sharma @ 2021-11-23 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Wang, Doug Ledford

Thanks Doug for all your efforts till now.

@ 2021-11-24 14:35   ` Yanjun Zhu
From: Yanjun Zhu @ 2021-11-24 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

在 2021/11/21 16:56, Leon Romanovsky 写道:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:57:09PM -0600, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated
>
> <...>
>
> Thank you Doug for your dedicated work all these years.
+1. Thanks Doug

Zhu Yanjun